New Car System How Do Clarion rate?

Middo
10+ year member

My old car system had Cadence 6" Splits Running off a Cadence 4 channel 400 watt amp Pioneer headunit.. im looking at getting a new system for me new car but unsure what are some quality brands. My cadence amp didnt give out the best power.. A sales dude said buy this clarion stuff its the best.. but is it? i would like to hear some opinions on whats some quality brands for headunits Speakers and amps.. My cars only small an i want the best sound..

HU's--Alpine, Clarion, pioneer, nackamichi, Alpine Ect.

Speaks-- Infinity, alpine, CDT, Focal, Ect.

Amps-- Orion, Us Amps, pheonix Gold, Alpine, hiphonics Ect.

Theres plenty more these are just off the top of my head.

Clarion HU's are ok i have one and like it but the internal amp stinks. everthing else A+++

ya i got the 835deck also, but im not 2 sure bout anything elese clarion..... best is to jus go to a bunch of shops and test everything out urself

I had a Clarion HU and loved it, unfortunately hurricane Allison didnt. I bought a Clarion amp from some kid at a Pawn shop b/c the shop wouldnt give him more than 40 bucks for it, I gave him 50 and it was very very under rated at 400w's. I swapted from my friends AudioBahn (crap) 1000w to the 400w Clarion on 3 CVR 15's and it was alot louder than the AudioBahn.

My system had gotten stolen a month prior so I had to have something.

Clarion has been pretty reliable for the local shop over the years. The local shop sells clarion, eclipse, rf decks(and a few panasonic pieces). Everybody at the shop(and me) prefer Eclipse decks.

Clarion's DRZ-9255 is one fine unit. However, I like XM radio and that unit doesn't even support Sirius. 1 of only 2 head units they make that doesn't support satellite radio. I guess you could say its for the serious competitor only.

But then again for a little less than that you can get the Premier DEX-P9 which is XM ready.

But of course I'm only talking about $1000+ headunits.

Adam

Clarion's DRZ-9255 is one fine unit. However, I like XM radio and that unit doesn't even support Sirius. 1 of only 2 head units they make that doesn't support satellite radio. I guess you could say its for the serious competitor only.
But then again for a little less than that you can get the Premier DEX-P9 which is XM ready.

But of course I'm only talking about $1000+ headunits.

Adam
If you really liked the deck though, just use a separate satellite controller.

I use a clarion sirius tuner and controller with my eclipse 8053(until the eclipse

tuners come out.....april/may according to eclipse), and the setup works great.

If you really liked the deck though, just use a separate satellite controller.I use a clarion sirius tuner and controller with my eclipse 8053(until the eclipse

tuners come out.....april/may according to eclipse), and the setup works great.
I just looked at their website and they make a cd changer that has an optical digital output which can be fed to the optical digital "input" on the DRZ-9255 and use the far superior D/A converter in the headunit. Nice Idea.

Adam

I think the Clarion looks nice. Just a different opinion. Its whats inside that counts and Clarions are excellent radios and great values...

^^ i agree. i rather like the looks of the Clarions. i used to think Alpine HUs looked like they were trapped in 1989 (i still do!), but i've come around to them. my previous post was meant in jest. buying something exclusively for looks is an exercise in assclownery.

abe m.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.