New car radio has no AUX input. ??

B. Mann

CarAudio.com Newbie
I want to hook my Sirius radio to my new Ford stereo. It is a company vehicle so no hacking. Also I want to be able to swap in to another vehicle quick. In the old vehicle the AUX input worked excellent. The new vehicles do not have AUX just a USB input.

FM modulator. Horrible sound, a lot of hiss. Have to change radio stations a couple times a day. Maybe with a FM antenna adapter. I don't want to pull the radio and the new radios have square antenna connections, so looks like several adapters. No hacking but a lot of work to swap.

Blue tooth??? Well I gave it a try. Constantly restarting truck and the BT has to reconnect every start. 10-20 seconds (or more) for it to connect.

Is there any way to connect an analog to a USB port? The vehicle manual says the USB is for music input. (not just a charging port) Will something like this work???

Looking for a radio forum that would have good info... Thanks, B

use sirius app on phone to usb
It would be nice if I was in cell phone range all the time. I drive a lot of miles that is why I went with the satellite radio. The satelite radio works great all the time. IF I can find an easy high quality way to hook it up.

I don’t think you can go from analog to digital input. I searched google and a guy on Reddit had the same issue. They said the only option would be to buy the Bluetooth module for the sirius Xm.

I don’t think you can go from analog to digital input. I searched google and a guy on Reddit had the same issue. They said the only option would be to buy the Bluetooth module for the sirius Xm.

Hmm, A few emails and phone calls to Sirius and nobody mentioned a module for the Sirius radio. Unless you meant an aftermarket one. But I will post if I figure out something... Thanks

It sounds like a common problem with the new cars getting rid of the AUX inputs.

Hmm, A few emails and phone calls to Sirius and nobody mentioned a module for the Sirius radio. Unless you meant an aftermarket one. But I will post if I figure out something... Thanks

It sounds like a common problem with the new cars getting rid of the AUX inputs.
because aux is dog **** quality usually. Most of the new bluetooth and built in sirius XM works smooth. Your ford might be one of those models where there's hiccups all around.

haha... If AUX is crap you should try a FM modulator. Just plain horrible. From what I am researching I think I am down to crappy bluetooth or trying to pull the radio and use an antenna connection.

Anyone know where to get the square antenna cable adapters that the new Fords use?? That is next to look for.

Hmm, A little looking and they seem to be common. I have to find the correct ones.

OK, just for a follow up. I tried a cheap Bluetooth adapter. Dropped connections all the time. But it was clear. I upgraded to a higher quality Bluetooth adapter. Better not as many dropped connections. Maybe a few times in 8 hours. Every couple days I would get a random disconnect and failure to connect it would take me 5 minutes to get it connected again. The biggest problem with Bluetooth, when you restart the vehicle it take 5-20 seconds for it to connect up. The fix was to hit the radio button after turning key off so the connection would be connected when you started the truck again. Hassle.

I finally bit the bullet and tore the dash apart to hard wire the FM modulator to the antenna jack. I had to buy 2 antenna adapters. The newer radios use a modular antenna plug, not the old school push in ones. So you needed an adapter to go to the radio and another for the antenna wire. Excellent quality, and it is on all the time the radio is on. Even passing a strong FM station you get a touch of static, but not bad at all. (When I used the wireless FM modulator I would lose signal for miles) So if you are trying to figure out what to do when you do not have an AUX port. Hard wired FM modulator is the only way to go. BTW the antenna adapters I picked up from Amazon for about $10?. I think they were called Euro adapters. Link if anyone is following... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0007WQ8VQ/?tag=caraudiocom-20

Just to let you know, this is not to use any output to the FM modulator, It only works for most of the Sirius models.

As far as a USB input. There is no such thing. To much incompatibility.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.