New build ideas? Jeep Liberty. Sub under $500

Participant count
  • Participant list

cchheett
10+ year member

Oregon
Right now I have a 99 Ford Ranger. I have a single SA-12 on 900 watts rms. I am going to not use my truck anymore, and am thinking of getting a new setup for my 06 Jeep Liberty.The SA-12 is great, but I am really want to get something louder. Should i go purchase a 1500 watt sub, or will that not help much? I only ask because I would have to buy a new alternator,Sub, and amp. I could be spending around $1500.

Should i just live with sa-12 or will a better sub really make the difference. Of does anyone suggest something else like me getting 2 10's . I could even do a new box for my sa-12. Maybe tune a new box to 30htz or 32hrz. my box now is tuned to 35htz.

Hoping the subwoofer/subs will be around $500

Amp would be around 500

Alt hopefully under 500

I had a stroke years ago, so I don't type very good. Thanks for any help guys.

Not sure if I should just start over with the Liberty, and then I can do anything or should do the Sa-12. A couple 10's could be great also. I just don't know what to do. Thanks again.

Depends on how loud you want to be. One 12 in a liberty won't be ridiculous. Switching to two 10's is not the answer.

Also depends on how much space you want to give up. Could get an SI HT 18" sub and use the amp you've already got. That's the best option I can think of

Otherwise, you could buy another SA 12

Could get an SI HT 18" sub and use the amp you've already got. That's the best option I can think of
Otherwise, you could buy another SA 12
THanks for the suggestion. I assume I would have to use a ported box? "for the 18"" IF i did another sa-12, I would need to get an alternator, new amp, and subwoofer. Is one more sub gonna make it a lot worth it? Thanks for your time.

THanks for the suggestion. I assume I would have to use a ported box? "for the 18"" IF i did another sa-12, I would need to get an alternator, new amp, and subwoofer. Is one more sub gonna make it a lot worth it? Thanks for your time.
No matter what sub you choose, I would build a ported box.

I can't tell you if it would be worth your money. That's up to you.

I spend my money differently than most people

You could also. Just do a 15 What really are you trying to get from the system ? Just louder or what Also what amp do you have now ?
an older Hifonics Brutus BRZ1200.1D . It is working good at 900 watts @ 2ohm.. It works great for 900 watts.. If i hook anything up to 1200 at @1ohm My lights get dimm..I also use a 200 watt amp running 4 speakers. So my electrical is good at 900 watts..My system is ok, but I just want to get louder and more bass.

an older Hifonics Brutus BRZ1200.1D . It is working good at 900 watts @ 2ohm.. It works great for 900 watts.. If i hook anything up to 1200 at @1ohm My lights get dimm..I also use a 200 watt amp running 4 speakers. So my electrical is good at 900 watts..My system is ok, but I just want to get louder and more bass.
First off you need a big 3 kit then you can run at 1 ohm also 0 gauge wiring and a Agm battery under the hood or as an extra battery

If you do these things as well. You can run 2000 rms pretty easy and I'd have a new 15 for you them I would get a better sub and new box. A big 3 kit and a new amp kit with the battery you should be louder and your electrical will be stronger. Then if wanted or needed get a bigger sub amp

My ranger has the big 3 and a battery, but my Liberty is stock everything.THanks for the suggestions guys. Keep em coming if you can suggest anything.

I am thinking of taking my Ranger subs out and putting them in my Liberty and then use my amp from my Ranger "while playing music" and use some speaker "like 20 ft" and see how that sounds. Just to see how the bass sounds..my Ranger truck would be playing, but I would be able to see how the bass sounds. It would only cost me like 5 bucks to buy some Speaker wire to try it. Infact I am gonna try that..Maybe I will like the sound. I will hopefully find out today what it sounds like etc...

I just tried to use the old box on my Jeep and it ****** bad. The Ranger sounded a lot better. I defenetly need to build a whole setup for it to work. I can now use the whole back for subwoofer/subwoofers. I need the passenger empty for people, but the whole backup/cab can be used for subs. I tried using the sub forward/backwards/up and nothing really changed. I need something a lot louder. So it looks that I need to get some new subs , alternator, and a new amp. The big 3 will be done no matter what I do. Thanks for any more suggestions. I tried to take a picture of what I did today, but my camera was almost dead and it wouldn't let me use the flash...The port is going up you can't really see it because of the ghetto camera
2wf65xu.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.