New box is this to big

Participant count
  • Participant list

Memphis2011
10+ year member

I have 2 p3 12 as of right now they are in a vented dual chamber box in a hatch back facing the truck I want to turn my subs up toward the roof and the box they are currently in is 1.74cf per chamber I was giving to up grade to a 2.50cf per chamber is this a good thing to do?

Depends on how much power you are running. If you aren't overpowering them, it should be fine. There are some good box designers on the forum, who could probably help you out if your willing to spend a little cash. That's what I would recommend doing to get the most out of your system.

they will take more power in the smaller box, but the larger box will have a slower resident Fq. So basically they wont take as much power but ure lower Fq range will be louder then the 1.75 box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.