New box for SEs, which one?

Participant count
  • Participant list

netzero
10+ year member

USMC
Both would use 6" aero, but not sure which one to build... The first one is a bit bigger than the second. And if anyone could run the number on the second one real quick to confirm that would be awesome. Those are inside dimensions.

It's going in a Ford escape running off an AQ1200d, with two 12" RE SEs. Thanks

1st

box1ec9.jpg

2nd

box2hh9.jpg

Word. I've got everything, hopefully the build will start soon. I'm gonna add 1/2 dowel rods for bracing and glass all the corners, this box will be solid.

Any suggestions on finishing other than carpet? I have some black/gray textured spray im gonna test out, any other ideas?

id do the second, ive had a box for a 15 that was sub and port up then i did both back and i lost db's. my current box is sub up ports back and didnt seem to gain or lose any, i think it might have helped with lower 30hz stuff

and where do you plan on putting wooden dowels?

I re worked the first one to 4.5 cubes and subs up port back, so theres no exposed port, im gonna do that. As for bracing, on gonna do an 8 in. sheet of mdf from top to bottom with a hole for the port in it and put that halfway down the port. and the dowels from front to back below the sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.