new box for 90 cadi

quins90lac
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
peoria IL
ok just got my new box built for my 1990 Cadillac deville its about 2 cubic foot tuned to 35 hurts my next thing is going to be an amp rack to hold my pioneer 760 got about 30x50x1/2 peice of mdf left over out of a 98x50x1/2 sheat so it should be enough to do it .but any way hears some pics

hear is a pic of my sub from the side i know not the best in the world but thet sound good

View attachment 26506158

hears my new box

View attachment 26506159

well i was going to take pic's all through the process but once i got the mdf home i got totally involved in the building process . i just wanted to get some opinions on the way the box looked for it being the first box i ever built . I do how ever think i put the box in to soon cause now i get the smell if fiber glass resin in my car is their any way to make this smell go away .

yeah the inside is all braced with 1-2 solid aspen all the way around i know i should have probity used 3/4 mdf but the 1/2 was hard enough for me to lift .that's part of the reason i didn't get any pic;s of the build was cause my left ankle messed up from dropping the mdf on it (tried to be he man as wasn't ) so im like well i get it done and get it in a then my pain will be worth it .ill see if i cant take out mu subs and get some picks of the in side tomorrow hears the pick of what i did to my left ankle

well im shooting for 35 hurts i still have to play around with my amp and get it tuned right but right now im trying to push 2 800max subs with one 760 amp ide like to get another one to match it. i figure 760w to each sub would 20w under what thire ratted at witch would be good enough for me

picks of the amp rack up latter tonight

yeah i got to wire it up and paint it tomorrow dam bugs .i just mainly wanted to hide the wires and make it a clean looking install .I figure once i get carpet on it it will look allot better .but that might have to wait i just found another amp like what i go on ebay for like 50

well after getting it painted i got to realy looking at it and the more i look at it the more it looks like 10lbs of s*** in a 5 lb bag .so when i get some more fiberglass mat a resin im going to be redoing it cause i think fiberglassing it is going to be the only way to get it looking as clean looking as i wanted it to .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.