new box build

Participant count
  • Participant list

frogcase2002
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
alright, i just built a box (not sealed up or anything, just put together) and im wanting to take it appart and put it together inside my trunk because it wont go in if its all together,,,,, so im just wanting to no whos done this and the best way because there is only going to be 2 or 3 inches inbetween the box and the top and bottom of the box so i no my drill wont fit there,, its for my zcon 15, its 4.5 cf tuned to 32 hz.......................................

also im going to be fiberglassing all the inside of the box and wanting to see if anyone has some tips on getting rid of the smell of the fg resien, because my van im working on a wall in smells really strong and its been like a week since iv done any fiberglassing in it and im not wanting my car to be smelling like that cause its my everyday driver

Sounds like you have you work cut out for you. I would probably try to get ahold of a small right angle drill. The best screws i have used for constructing a box are the t25 style they dont strip which will probably be an issue. maybe lay down a blanket or piece of plastic you dont care about so you can at least use some glue on the joints. then construct the box from front to back and before you put The back on lay in all your glass. One other route is maybe take out your back seat and rear baffle and work around the rear bracing to get as many screws in it as possible.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.