New Batts installed: Subs not as Loud...

528hz
10+ year member

Everything'sMiscellaneous
So I just replaced my 2 Batcap 2000s for 2 XS Power D3400s; I'm running a Stetsom 4k2d on my Nightshades, and a Kicker KX 350.4 for my highs amp.

Everything is hooked up as it should be. No wires are crossed, no settings have been changed other than the fact that I had to turn my highs amp down because the voltage was so much better. I can noticeably hear the difference, as everything is much cleaner and louder...except for the subs...

I even turned my gain up on the Stetsom and my subs are not anywhere near as loud as they were before....

Does anyone have any idea?

If the batts sat for awhile before they were installed (at a warehouse for instance) they might need a little charging. Only thing I can think of.

If the batts sat for awhile before they were installed (at a warehouse for instance) they might need a little charging. Only thing I can think of.
The batteries were charged up before they got put in. They sat for 1 day off the ground before they were installed.

Did you set your gain properly to adjust for the voltage change?
I always set the gain by ear. And although I WILL be checking all of my voltage tomorrow, I just wanted to get some input on the boards first. I would think that with more voltage going to the amp, the gains would need to be lowered...

he just said he had to turn his gains on mids down because the voltage was better then the old batts... i would re tune my amp.. i retune everytime i change anything

The batteries were charged up before they got put in. They sat for 1 day off the ground before they were installed.

I always set the gain by ear. And although I WILL be checking all of my voltage tomorrow, I just wanted to get some input on the boards first. I would think that with more voltage going to the amp, the gains would need to be lowered...
Readjust them and let us know.

So to make a long story short, I need to reset everything and adjust the gains from scratch. After it was all re-tuned, I I got everything sounding like it should and then some. I've actually got a few more clicks on my HU to go before clipping now and thus far; and this is in comparison to my adjustments previous when I just had the Batcaps in there. I'm liking everything about the XSs at this point, but I may change things up a bit more...

Yeah, me too. Although I'm trying to find some Batcap 2000s again and I want to do a drop-for-drop 2 2000s vs. these 2 D3400s. I think the results would be pretty interesting...

These XS batts are really great, however they act differently than the Batcaps did. The idea that the Batcaps are a lower internal resistance DOES make a difference. They discharge much quicker than the XS batts, but the power sustainability seems to be much longer depending on how loud and long of period of time you listen to certain bass heavy songs. I'm not one of those guys that listens to my stereo loudly all that often, but when I do it's only for a couple of minutes at a time. So I want to do a full on test to see which is really the most efficient for daily...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.