New Amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

MagnaDrago

I got 2 Alpine Type-R (4-ohm + 4-ohm) subs. I was offered a decent amount of money for my whole system except the subs. I got about $2000 to spend and am looking for suggestions into what i should do for the subs, box type, amps, wiring. My old system had them in a sealed box with a volume of about 5 cubes with an Alpine Mrv-1507 powering them. I need equipment compatible with an Alpine CDA-7998. I am unsure of what to do for the amps, type of box, etc. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Al

Thank you. I am planning in addition to the Type-Rs to add 2 more Type-Rs for a total of 4. I am told that by placing them in separete boxes at the opposite rear corners of the trunk, it should magnify their force, but i am willing to test this theory. The sole purpose of the amp i'm looking for is to hit those 2 Type-Rs with enough power to wake up a village. I would also like to know what size capacitator would be needed to beef up the power reserves. Aside from that, my car is already wired with 1/0 gauge to the and 4 gauge. I have a 1 Farad Fusion Cap that I was just too lazy to install, could that be enough?

Thanks again,

Al

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.