new amp not working???

Participant count
  • Participant list

907tacokid
10+ year member

alright so I just bought a new deck and amplifier for my truck! jensen double din DVD player, and soundstorm ssl evolution 5000 amp. I'm runnin it at 1ohm, after one day of use it won't work...

I have big three up front with stock battery and high output alternator, 0gauge running back to my second battery and then 6inches of 4gauge going to amp. 8inches of 4going to ground.

wired up two tens two it at 1ohm. they say it's 1ohm stable so I am not aware of why it won't work

first day was nice. was easy on amp but still produced nice power.

then today it was playing and seemed to get quiet. so I looked back and tried to tune it, lower the low pass and turned gain up a smidge. sounded good again, then stoped working! all it would do is pop the subs. I dont know what happened. I tried to lower the gain but nuthing. the protect didn't come on eather... anyone know what I did?

also! the gain was at less than a 1/4th to start with. then turned up to a 1/4th. bass boost is off. bass on hu is +2 (for a little more from speakers) volume was at a little more than half (25 of 40) the volts were at 14.2 they stay up above 14 most of the time. on occasion will drop to 13.9 even under bass draw

well this was suposed to be the temporary amp! I'm going to be getting a nice high dollar 3k amp and two dc 12inch lvl 4xls

or posibly two audio que 2200s

so any amps that u think I should get for now? cheep with anyware from 1600 rms to 2200 rms at 1ohm?

so should I return it? I want an audioque 2200 but I don't got the cash laying around.

Return it. Get something as a back-up for now and be patient. I was looking for a 4 channel amp and a extra battery (summer 2010) and I ran into a guy who sold me 2 Audioque 3500.1D for $280/$300 and a Stinger SPP 2250 for $120. Be patient and you'll get something nice for a good price.

What are your 10' rated at? You could pic up some decent amps to run them. I just saw a RD T10001BD sell for $149 on eBay.

Return it. Get something as a back-up for now and be patient. I was looking for a 4 channel amp and a extra battery (summer 2010) and I ran into a guy who sold me 2 Audioque 3500.1D for $280/$300 and a Stinger SPP 2250 for $120. Be patient and you'll get something nice for a good price.
What are your 10' rated at? You could pic up some decent amps to run them. I just saw a RD T10001BD sell for $149 on eBay.
this was supposed to be a temporary amp til I get my new subs

the subs I have now are sonic soundlab transonic 10s taking 700-900rms each.

I'm going to try runnin the amp at 4ohms. if it dosent work I'll return it and just go without bass for a bit. or if they give me a full refund I will look into the amp from the post above yours

I just looked on eBay and I saw a RF T10001BD for $159 used. With proper voltage and wired at 1 ohm it will do 1500 to 1750 watts. Which should be a good match for your subs. There are some other good amps out there that will work for you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.