Does adding a second battery isolator help with electrical constraints???

Participant count
  • Participant list

ATN2DETAILING
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
BURBANK
Hello everyone,

I have a constraint with my Honda in that it has a ELD (electronics Load detector), and it backs off the voltage as the PCM see's necessary (stand still, accelerating, uphill load) to conserve gas. I was wondering if adding a second battery to the back using a isolator would eliminate or even help my situation...??? Please let me know if you have any insight on this. Much appreciated!!!

Not really, guys on the Honda forums have been running for months with it unplugged and no problems. However, there are alternatives like wiring a relay switch or using a 820 ohm resistor in the plug.

I would unplug it if I knew where its at... I have a 2009 Honda Fit Mugen and for the life of me I can't locate the ELD... I will post some pics shortly of my fuse box located underneath the steering wheel above the driver fender (see if you guys can locate it or if I'm just missing it.) I would have no problem unplugging it or even doing the hack for it but I can't even find it. If anyone knows where its at until then can you please let me know (picture or diagram of exact location on a FIT not civic, accord...) Thanks

2012-01-24_13-40-18_482.jpg

I've tried on numerous occasions... I can't seem to find it if my life depended on it lol. There's locations for civics, accords, but nothing for the FIT in particular. If someone runs into this info please let me know. Thanks

Yeah, I'm not too familiar with the inner workings of the fit. With civics the ELD is in the fuse box under the hood.
I don't even have a fuse box in the engine compartment lol . First time seeing a car without a fuse in the engine compartment

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.