new alternator for XXX 12

hinanzo

hey folks! Just wondering...I have a 2003 Altima and was wondering if I put in a single XXX 12 and the hifonics amp that everyone seems to use with this sub...am i going to need a bigger alternator or will the one for the car be ok...i was also going to run some comps in the front as well...thanks for the help...

I just got a 2002 Altima and am putting in a set of Diamond Audio Hex components, PPI PC2150 to run the hex's, and going with either a 12"XXX or Mag D2 and a PG Tantrum 1200.1 amp. I think I will probably have to get a new alternator, not sure yet though.

let me know how the install goes...im going to be putting in the XXX hopefully in March or in early april...when i go up to vegas. Man you think the XXX components are going to be out by April...I wouldnt mind getting me a pair of those...**** $$$!! Any other comments about the alternator is appreciated.

It doesn't matter what kind of sub you put in a car. It matters how big the amp is that is going to be installed. Now, assuming you are going to be powering the XXX correctly, you might as well spend the extra few hundred bucks and upgrade your system now if you don't want to suffer major dimmage. You will probably want to upgrade later anyways.

yeah. thats what I was thinking. I would be running the xxx at its RMS 1500 watts...so a new alternator would be in order...thanks for all your guys help...man maybe i should just get me an SE a lil less watts...anyone know if the XXX components are out yet? ill be heading to vegas in march and hope to maybe pick up a pair if they are available...*sigh*

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.