Subwoofer box for MOFO's

monte_carlo97
10+ year member

Power Acoustik Punk
Central Ohio
I have 2 15" Power Acoustik Mofos. I need to build a box and i have no idea where to start. The manufacturer recomends 3.4ft^3 for each sub. Port tuned to 40hz. What dimensions should i use for the box. Max that can fit in my trunk is 15" tall 34" wide and 40" deep. I wanted to use sloted ports. How big should i make those. Does it hurt to make the box bigger than manufacturer specs? I was going to use 3/4" MDF. Any suggestions? Should i also tune it to 40hz or something different because it seems higher than what most people do.

I have 2 15" Power Acoustik Mofos. I need to build a box and i have no idea where to start. The manufacturer recomends 3.4ft^3 for each sub. Port tuned to 40hz. What dimensions should i use for the box. Max that can fit in my trunk is 15" tall 34" wide and 40" deep. I wanted to use sloted ports. How big should i make those. Does it hurt to make the box bigger than manufacturer specs? I was going to use 3/4" MDF. Any suggestions? Should i also tune it to 40hz or something different because it seems higher than what most people do.
tune to 30 Hz try modulating it in unibox.

what will i have to make the ports like to get 30hz. Size wise that is
http://www.danbbs.dk/~ko/ubdwnld.htm

Go to this URL and download unibox. It is a special Excel file. Huge database of subs and drivers. It doesnt have power acoustk though. You can put in you t/s parameters and save and than it will. It will tell you optimum enclosure size, frequncy response graph. You can edit the size of the box to be whatever you want. You can put in what you want your enclosure to be tuned to and ... It tells you all of the port demensions. (which you can change and see how it affects the performance and how to compensate for it) That is what all the loudspeaker/subwoofer pros use.

Is there a way to convert all measurements to inches. This program is also very confusing. I don't know understand half the termanology.
Ah.... thats the only problem with this software.... To translte to inches you multiply cm by 2.54 and to go inches to cm you will have to divide by 2.54. I know that the spreadsheet is very confusing if you dont know the terminology but it is the only real way to have you speakers or subs sound the way you want them to. If you want me to do it for you just let me know....

If you could do it that would be awesome. But if you don't have time i understand. If possible could you email it to me. I know it is asking alot but convert the volume to ft^3 instead of that liters stuff. don't know my conversions real well or the terms for that matter. If possible make the ports slotted and send me the specs for box size. Thanks alot

If you could do it that would be awesome. But if you don't have time i understand. If possible could you email it to me. I know it is asking alot but convert the volume to ft^3 instead of that liters stuff. don't know my conversions real well or the terms for that matter. If possible make the ports slotted and send me the specs for box size. Thanks alot
Sure Ill get it to you asap.

I have 3 JL Audio W3's And i'm trying to put then in a 98 monte carlo, but everone keep talkin crap sayin that it will not fit. but i have 3 JL audio WO's in there in there wedge box..could i just put the W3's in the wedge box????

I have 3 JL Audio W3's And i'm trying to put then in a 98 monte carlo, but everone keep talkin crap sayin that it will not fit. but i have 3 JL audio WO's in there in there wedge box..could i just put the W3's in the wedge box????

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

This has nothing to do with the thread.

Download WINID, much easier to use.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.