New Alpines..

bushtree
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
San Diego
Hey guys im trying to choose a new set of components for my front stage... I have 100x2 to work with and i need to keep the speakers around $180 or less..

Im Thinking..

Crystal SSCS 6

Polk MMC6500

(NEW 07) Alpine Type R

(Last Years) Alpine Type X

CDT-61

I mainly listen to Rock and Rap. I dont need it to be super loud, but i have a 12" Entasi (think Rl-p) so it needs to be loud enough to not get drowned out..

I dont like really harsh tweeters either (My MB Quarts killed my ears)...

What do you guys suggest?

Thanks,

the type R's are completely different to me. My friend has type S components (he says he likes them, go figure) but they kill them.

The tweeters are probably the biggest imrovment, because now they actually sound...well, good. Not to harsh, and clear. Good punch on midbass, and it's pretty accurate. It's a very good speaker for the money IMO. Crossover's a TINY so they'd fit almost anywhere..

Haven't heard the crystals or type X's. I have the polk momo's your talking about. Their good, accurate, but the tweeter is harsh for silk. Good punch for midbass, but to me it sounded like a "wall of sound". Seperation just wasn't present. I should have looked around before i purchased them. Not a bad speaker, but not the best. It was just to...soft.

Bestbuy has the new type R's, and i think you should at least give them a listen before you decide on something else.

the type R's are completely different to me. My friend has type S components (he says he likes them, go figure) but they kill them.
The tweeters are probably the biggest imrovment, because now they actually sound...well, good. Not to harsh, and clear. Good punch on midbass, and it's pretty accurate. It's a very good speaker for the money IMO. Crossover's a TINY so they'd fit almost anywhere..

Haven't heard the crystals or type X's. I have the polk momo's your talking about. Their good, accurate, but the tweeter is harsh for silk. Good punch for midbass, but to me it sounded like a "wall of sound". Seperation just wasn't present. I should have looked around before i purchased them. Not a bad speaker, but not the best. It was just to...soft.

Bestbuy has the new type R's, and i think you should at least give them a listen before you decide on something else.
So how do the SLCs the new type Rs and the momos all compare? And is there a big difference between them all?

my slc's aren't installed yet. I'll listen to them tonight (i have to go to work in 5 minutes) and tell you.

edit: i need to make MDF baffles now. The plastic ones wont fit, so i need to do some work...i don't get to listen to them yet...I'll be able to tell you by Monday though.

my slc's aren't installed yet. I'll listen to them tonight (i have to go to work in 5 minutes) and tell you.
edit: i need to make MDF baffles now. The plastic ones wont fit, so i need to do some work...i don't get to listen to them yet...I'll be able to tell you by Monday though.
Cool, I'm really intrested on how they compare to the SLC's. Since I already know they sound good, could you do a comparison in terms of loudness?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bushtree

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
bushtree
San Diego
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date