New 2012 Build (SQ)

Beerdrnkr
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
San Diego
Well I just picked a new car about 2 months ago (2012 Hyundai Veloster) and of course instantly started seeing what I could with it audio wise. Unfortunately, I traded in my last car and had to leave my Skar 15's, 4 Massive Audio amps, Scanspeak Speakers, and my beloved Pioneer P99RS in it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif So now I gotta start from scratch.

I want to try and keep as much space as possible available and want to keep it stock looking.

What I'll be running.

Headunit: Stock HU w/ NAV, BlueLink, XM, etc.

Processing: Still up in the air with this but considering the Masconi 6to8, JBL MS-8, Arc Audio PS8, Audison Bit.1, and the Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.3.

Speakers: Arc Audio Black Series 6.0 (6.5" doors), 4.0 (single 4" for center ch.), and 1.0 (Tweeters) all ran active. Stock rears will be used with option to fade them off.

Subwoofers: 2 JL Audio 8w7's in JL spec'd ported box (2c/ft tuned to 34hz)

Amplifiers: Boston Acoustics GT-2300 sub amp. 1400wrms at 2ohm.

JL Audio XD600/6 ran in 3ch. mode (200w x 3) 6.5's and single 4" center ch.

JL Audio XD200/2 (75w x 2) for the tweeters.

Deadening: Alpha Damp and Raamat

Electrical: Stinger SPV44 under the hood, 0g wiring, big 3 upgrade.

Current Car mods: Tinted windows, Short Ram Intake, and HID Lights.

Future Audio Mods: I'll be trying out some Sundown Audio SA-8v2's possibly 3 w/ more power depending on how I like the loudness of this setup.

Future Car Mods: Magnaflow Exhaust System, Strut Bar, 18" or 19" Rims, and HID Fog Lights.

So that's the list of current and future mods for this car, it's not fast at all and it's pretty much an economy car so I want to keep it nice and light. I'll be using birch for the box and amp rack. The amp rack will be installed in the spare tire area where there's a fix-a-flat pump put instead? lol. Should be plenty of room for the amps and will be well hidden.

On to the pics:

DSC00794 by Beerdrnkr, on Flickr

DSC00780 by Beerdrnkr, on Flickr

DSC00779 by Beerdrnkr, on Flickr

DSC00781 by Beerdrnkr, on Flickr

DSC00786 by Beerdrnkr, on Flickr

DSC00787 by Beerdrnkr, on Flickr

DSC00789 by Beerdrnkr, on Flickr

DSC00790 by Beerdrnkr, on Flickr

DSC00792 by Beerdrnkr, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
The new tw5v2 would be somthing to look into if your looking to save space and are looking specifically jl
he already has the subs and the w5 takes up about as much room a the 8w7 if you consider the actual recommended sealed box size.

2 8w7 1cube

1 13w5 .9cubes

and the 8s would dig deeper but that doesnt matter since he is porting the box for more output.

sorry to thread jack the equipment looks awesome though and i cant wait to see this coming along

he already has the subs and the w5 takes up about as much room a the 8w7 if you consider the actual recommended sealed box size.2 8w7 1cube

1 13w5 .9cubes

and the 8s would dig deeper but that doesnt matter since he is porting the box for more output.

sorry to thread jack the equipment looks awesome though and i cant wait to see this coming along
Yeah, I'm even going to try out the new sundown 8s just in case the output isn't enough.

cant wait to see the install process!
I'm still debating whether I want to install it or have a shop install it, the vehicle is pretty integrated so I'm not sure I want to mess with it.

DSC00763 by Beerdrnkr, on Flickr

DSC00764 by Beerdrnkr, on Flickr

DSC00765 by Beerdrnkr, on Flickr

DSC00766 by Beerdrnkr, on Flickr

DSC00767 by Beerdrnkr, on Flickr

DSC00768 by Beerdrnkr, on Flickr

DSC00769 by Beerdrnkr, on Flickr

DSC00770 by Beerdrnkr, on Flickr

DSC00771 by Beerdrnkr, on Flickr

DSC00772 by Beerdrnkr, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from the shop, looks like the total install will be $1020 which includes:

Box, amp rack, ipod relocation, sound deadening installation, speaker installation, wiring, and processor installation.

Not sure which processor I'm using yet but they sell Focal, so the Masconi 6to8 is the front runner unless the PS8 comes out soon.

Got the xd200/2 in, its ridiculously small.

aefe21a2-7d92-c4f5.jpg

aefe21a2-7da6-e5c4.jpg

I'll be following this one. Always nice to see an SQ build now & then, lol. Great looking little car. Looks like it could be fun to drive.
Its a nice daily driver. I'd still like some decent output and I'm a little skeptical considering its my first build with 8s. If I'm not happy with the output than Ill probably go with 3 sa8 v2s or 2 10s with more power. Its a pretty small hatchback though so it shouldn't take much to get loud.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.