Never go to audio itch on dale mabry for an enclosure.

Participant count
  • Participant list

stanky1219

Banned
tampa,fl
my little brother went there recently and brought them plans i drew up for a .8cuft sealed box for a jl tw5 to go under the rear seat of a ram pickup. when we got there and they had a square p.o.s. that was a little under .4cuft and dean (Head Honcho) told us the sub was fine in that box. they also tried to get us to buy a new arc audio amp saying my bro's jl 500/1 was overrated and was "really pushing less than 350 watts to that sub" **** AUDIO ITCH OF TAMPA!! DEAN IS A RIP-OFF ARTIST. And take a look at there website and check out the gay ass custom installs they have done.

P.S. They do excellent tint , best in the bay area IMO , just never ever buy audio from them.

I think the installs in their gallery are pretty clean actually. I don't understand why obvious JL Audio nuthuggers would try to convince your bro that his slash series amp is a pos, though...

they do some pretty good installs their, i worked their for a few years but dean is a dick lol, hence why i quit, but im talking a few years back i haven't been their in a long time.

because my brother was fresh out of basic training with a big bonus to blow. dean seen it a mile away when he told my brother 350 for the tw5 on an open box special and my bro forked over cash right then. he was trying to make a sale. thats all.

thank you. they look terrible. and thats the installs they are proud of. you could only imagine how pissed i was when my brother went there under my recommendation (I was too busy to build his box) and came out with trash for a box. He paid them 135 bucks for it up front. and when we complained they built a "new box" come to find out (after it blew apart) they just cut a slot in the first box and added a little more airspace with a rectangular box glued in that slot and re-carpeted it. it sounded like **** when we left but we were fed up dealing with them. they kept saying it wasnt the box that it was the amp or the install. i will post pics of the install when i can get them from my bro.

its a excelon x991 HU , jl 300/4 , jl 500/1 (both bolted to aluminium plates that i bolted to the underside of his seats) , excelon components front and rear , stinger 0 gauge to twin fuses that feed 4 ga to the amps , big 3 in 0 gauge , yellow top , 150 amp alt , stinger rca's , stinger 12 gauge to all components , stinger 10 gauge to the sub , all gold plated stinger terminals.

for a system that small how could the flaw be in the install? when i put my rd 15 on his amp it flexs glass , but that box of theirs sounds like ****.

i know a guy in tampa who makes amazing boxes with inch mdf, pm me ill give u his number, does his work down off 60 and kings in brandon

well 2 fix ur brothers, yea i build my own also but with my buddy ryan if he is free as he is a lil better with wood then i am, and like i said i havent worked their in 7 years

he actually is ditching the tw5 and we are going with a dual 10" setup and possibly a bigger amp.were scouting out different 10's right now on the phone. maybe even two sa-8's instead of 10's

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

stanky1219

Banned
stanky1219
tampa,fl
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views