Northeast Region NESPL & Boomer McLoud SPL & SQ shows

CT,DC,DE,MA,MD,NH,NJ,NY,PA,RI,VT,WV
Stock 1 was a fun class and Mike came so close to his 150. I think the humidity was hurting everyone a bit too, so I think any other day he would've had it.

The SQ results were kept by Boomer since they handled that part of the comp, so I don't have any of those.
Oh, that *****. I was just curious how many other people there were in my class. The whole event was a little disorganized, the lights in the parking lot shut off at ten leaving everyone in the dark for the last hour of the show. I was never given a score sheet and the cars were not divided up into classes by area. I was parked next to some crankin bass heads. It made for an interesting comparison,

"Hey what do you have there?,

"Oh 15k watts worth of Rockford Fosgate amps and 4 12" Orion hcca's walled off, lol."

"Cool, I've got 250 watts on a 10" Idq, haha."

I had fun though, I'd like to try competing in a higher class next time.

Last edited by a moderator:
The SQ guys were in different classes, I think there were 5 of them. It was the amateur guys that were divided up by power, but the Pro guys were divided up by area, there was a total of 11 SQ competitors with at least 2 per class. I don't think anyone ever gets there scoresheets in SQ, they do let you come up and see the sheets so they can explain things to you and let you know what area needs improvement.

Might have gotten messed up a bit that night though, when the parking lot lights went out. Hopefully the store does what they said they would and change the timer on their parking lot lights for us next time. They told Boomer they would be on til midnight.

Yeah so that means in my class there was only one other guy. Do the higher classes take install more into consideration?
They were saying if you didn't do the install yourself that put you in pro. Some orgs bump categories based on modifications in front of the A pillar but there really wan't an inspection or any questions on the signup form. Too bad I'm busy the weekend of their next show I sort of regret not giving it a whirl just for laughs.

Do the higher classes take install more into consideration?
I'm not exactly sure what they take into consideration for the SQ portion, It's judged by the Boomer staff and I never got into SQ at all so I never asked. At some of the other comps that run SQ portions, like USACi shows, they do take install into consideration. For Boomer shows, if you did your install yourself and had under 2K for power then they considered it amateur, if you paid to have it done you are pro. But also if you happen to have more than 2000 watts that would also put you into a pro class.

Thats right, it does seem to be more on the honor system then anything. None of the guys that do the SQ portion have been serious SQ competitors in the past, I think it's mostly customers of Boomers or friends of their customers that try it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.