Need to 12" subs with mounting depth 6" or less

misterio
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
texas
Can you guys please help me out, I just made a truck box but my kicker comp vr's never came in and i lost 180 bucks, so now i need to look for some other subs. should i order the same kicker comp vr's or is there some better subs that have a mounting depth of 6" or less? i would buy some magnums or RE subs but they all have huge magnets and this is in a truck box.

thanks!

who did you buy the subs from. Ebay?

Two SE's would be loud as hell. But I think they are going to have a mounting depth greater than six inches. I am running two Comp VR's in a single cab "79" chevy truck so I know they will fit. I think the Eclipse 8600 series have a shallow mounting depth.

check out the adire audio shiva's on http://www.adireaudio.com

i believe this is about the best sub u can get with that shallow of mountibg depth. i am about to get me 2 twelves also and its coming down to the compvr's or the shivas..........tell us what u decide on...i've got the same problem u do...truck box!!!!!!!

i think im going with the CVR's b/c the shivas cost about twice as much! im bidding on some CVR's right now, i wonder if the two 12 CVR's can handle a 1500 watt Hifonics Brutus at 1 ohm? not theoretically but actually.

i think they are great, im just a beginner at all this (this is my first system) and they are perfect for me, i dont need like 140+ dBs lol

they are in a shitty prefab sealed box, about 1.3 feet^3 for each and they still get pretty **** loud to me atleast, great bang(boom) for the buck in my opinion

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.