Need some new speakers.

Participant count
  • Participant list

72 chevelle
10+ year member

Well I have an 88 chevy pickup for a DD. Yesterday I replaced the head unit in it with a pioneer, and now I want to upgrade the speakers in it. I believe it has 4x6s front and rear, although I haven't taken it apart to check yet just going by what other people have told me (correct me if I am wrong) And I am looking to replace them with some better ones. Of course before I buy I will take it apart and make sure.

Now, I just want some decent quality speakers. I don't need ones that are going to cost $500, but I don't want crap either. Just wanted to get some opinions from people who know more about audio then I do.

couple of questions:

1) is it for sure 4x6? you can get 6.5" to fit in their, that will give you ALOT more choices.

2) what is YOUR max price?

3) Are you going to power it on an seperate amp or on the head unit?

4) components (seperate) or coaxil's

1) is it for sure 4x6? you can get 6.5" to fit in their, that will give you ALOT more choices.

Yes, I went out right after I posted and took them out.

2) what is YOUR max price?

Like to spend 100 or so for each pair.

3) Are you going to power it on an seperate amp or on the head unit?

Head unit for now, amp is later down the road.

4) components (seperate) or coaxil's

Coaxial.

So I get this right and to make sure I've read everything correctly, you want to limit your budget to $100 per pair or did you just mean you don't mind spending $200 each, for a total of $400?

Ah okay, I gotcha now.

Hey, i have a better idea....

Why not get a very decent budget set of comps for the front like the PG RSd65cs (which can provide for some sweet midbass) and a Profile AP1000 2ch amp (which are solid budget amps that do about their rated power).

You're not going to need rear speakers at all especially if you have a decent front stage, so I recommend taking that $200 total and focusing completely on the fronts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.