Need Some Help!!!

Wonderbread
5,000+ posts

Against Avatar Theft
Vancouver BC
allright guys and girls, here goes...

I currently ahve the Aiwa CDC-MP3, but i am tired of getting hissing through my Infinity seps, especially from my Comps...

I am looking at a new deck, something with 3 preouts - at elast 4 V each...

Anyhting at all around 250 US? i was looking at some pioneers, i think it was the 7300, and i also saw teh 6300. the 7300 is closer to waht i want, with teh higher voltage and more preouts...

anyone seen it cheaper than 250 US??

also, purrdy pictures are a bonus lol.

any other reccomendations for new HU's around that price, performing aroubnd that or even better?

any clarion at that range? eclipse? anything at all??

tahnks all

i'd take a clarion over a pioneer anyday

personal preferance //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Most likely you have your gain structure wrong and this is what is causing the hissing. I Bet you will see the same hiss no matter what radio you get if you set your gain structure the same.

gain structure eh?

lol i ahd no hissing with my old speakers, then when i put the ref. comps in they picked up the hissing...

nuthin ahs changed with my deck and my amp made no change wahtsover...

If all you changed was the speakers then why would you think the radio was the problem? The radio didn't have hiss. Then when you changed the speakers now it does. How does this isolate the radio as the problem? Your telling me you didn't change the gain structure when you added the new highs??

ok let me clear this up for you all...

my old stock speakers hooked up to my aiwa deck gave no hiss...

now tah i ahve more sensitive spaekers (components and infin ity 6.5's) running off a Zapco Z50C2 (competition amp)...

i can hear MORe hiss than before....

hoenstly, i dont knwo waht you mean by gain structure, but as far as i know, teh gains on teh deck (if there are any) were not touched

i didnt do the installeation myself...

The noise is because the gain on the amp are so high they are picking up hiss noise. the way to set your gains is what called a 3-1 overlap. You measure with a scope the voltage level that the HU clips at then set the AMP for 3 times that. If you have in-line processors you need to set them so they all clip at the same time then set the AMP for 3/1 overlap.

OK I had this problem to when I installed my comp. There is nothing you can do!!!!

You are getting hiss because teh speakers are much more senative than your old ones and they produce more frequencies than you can imagine. The CD that you are playing was recorded that way. The only way to get around it is get a signal processor or EQ of some sort so that you can adjust the different frequencies to your likeing.

Also, if you have Cheezy amps, poor wires &/or wiring, or the gains on the amp to high you will get this hiss noise. You may also have what is called Alternator whine!!! Which is very hard to get around. Could be due to poor grounding, poor wires, or improper source power!! Check the simple stuff first if everything seems ok to you I would run it over to a Repitable Car Audio Shop in your Area and let them take a listen to it. They may have a simple fix or they may need to rewire your components.

Here is a Question do you have the power wires and the signal wires on the same side of the car? Do you have good wires? and the hiss that you are refering to, can you here it with the volume turne all the way down? If yes then your gains are to high. With the volume all the way down if you havethe car running hit the gas and rev the engine can you here the hiss change.(Get loader or change Frequency)? If yes you have Alternator whine!!

If you have cheep RCA's and Power lines that can be your problem as well!! Good wires are the key to any System!!!(Keep in mind you will pay for them, but, a difference I can guarentee!)

If is is just a hissing inbetween tracks or when there is nothing happening at that moment(with volume up). then it is probably just the CD or Tape or Whatever you are playing!!

E-mail me with any other questions or post here! I'm curious as to what you find to be the problem.

well lets throw these curves at ya lol.

the amp is a Zapco, so i doubt its teh 'cehap' amp lol and the wiring is all stinger so prolly not that eaither...

it was installed bny a local shop...

its constant, but when i turn up the volume, you cant hgear it anymore.

only when the volume is relatively low is it noticeable....

With teh volume all the way down and the engine off is the noise there. If not turn your car on. and rev teh engine di dnoise come back and can you here it go high and low.

If so then you have alternator Whine. So cars are very prone to that. could be the head unit head unit. Could also just be a weak Alternator. If you have lots of power you need a bigger alternator and or another Battery.

You can still have a bad ground or something.

If you don't get the whining that I'm talking about and you only here a hiss. Try this.

Turn your vloume down. Turn your Amp gains down. Then turn your Head unit volume up as load as you can without Distortion. Then turn your AMP Gain up little by little till you start to here a little distortion than back it of an 1/8 of a turn.

If you still get the hissing then it is probably just the CD's. But bring it back to the dealer and explain what you are hereing and let him listen could be something simple or whathave you.

Let me know.

Originally posted by psychofactor OK I had this problem to when I installed my comp. There is nothing you can do!!!!

You are getting hiss because teh speakers are much more senative than your old ones and they produce more frequencies than you can imagine. The CD that you are playing was recorded that way. The only way to get around it is get a signal processor or EQ of some sort so that you can adjust the different frequencies to your likeing.
The hiss is due to TOO much gain overlap
You may also have what is called Alternator whine!!! Which is very hard to get around. Could be due to poor grounding, poor wires, or improper source power!!
alt whine in due either to a processor leaking the whine in through the power source OR RCA wires that are damaged cause HIGH impedance in the wire which then can induct noise
Check the simple stuff first if everything seems ok to you I would run it over to a Repitable Car Audio Shop in your Area and let them take a listen to it. They may have a simple fix or they may need to rewire your components.
Here is a Question do you have the power wires and the signal wires on the same side of the car?
This is BS and car audio needs to get past this. The only time a power wire could induct noise into a RCA is when the AMP is at low volume. This is so that the inducted noise has more signal to noise ratio then the REAL signal. BUT when the AMP is at idle NO current is flowing in the power wire to make noise so this isn't possible
If you have cheep RCA's and Power lines that can be your problem as well!! Good wires are the key to any System!!!(Keep in mind you will pay for them, but, a difference I can guarentee!)
learning what is BS and what isn't is key to a system
If is is just a hissing inbetween tracks or when there is nothing happening at that moment(with volume up). then it is probably just the CD or Tape or Whatever you are playing!!
this can be due to gain or the HU muting circuit not working right

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.