need some help

Participant count
  • Participant list

emanproductionz
10+ year member

im new to car audio and want to know how to hook up a system in my car. dont have much money so im going to try n do it on my own. i have a 2003 mutang gt with the 460 mach system in it. it ***** tho, the amps were blown on it when i got it. anyways, i bought a jl audio monoblock amp and a jl audio 10w3v3. im wondering if im going to have to buy another amp for the rest of the speakers in the car. If so, what would be a good amp? Any info would be good. looking for feedback. Thanx

are you going to be running your stock head unit? cuz if so, your going to have some problems with the stock amps to run your front stage...

if you're going to have an aftermarket head unit, you have alot more flexibility

do your mids work good right now, just no bass? are you saying the factory amp is blown, or was there already aftermarket stuff installed, please describe your setup.

Thanx for the replies //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif yea i have a kenwood kdc-mp242, bought it like early this year at bestbuy. my homeboy hooked it up, and everytime i turn on the car u hear some weird noise. like interference or something. he said he would check it out but never got back to it, so ive been stuck with it like that. Im not a professional but i guess thats why i think the amps might be blown. It sounded like crap when the stock head unit was installed to.

the subwoofer is a 500w speaker, the monoblock is 700w. how many watts should the amp for the front speakers be for it to sound good? Should i get a 4 channel, or 2 channel? dont know what the different is. I got two rear speakers, two door speakers, and two tweeters. What kind of speakers too?

if your going to get a amp for your front stage, you might as well upgrade speakers... a good component set can had pretty cheap, and in my opinion is the most important upgrade when starting... wattage on front stage doesnt always mean sound quality.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.