Need some help...

Participant count
  • Participant list

jeff29

Recently I won a set of subs for my car. They are boxed, Lanzar HBP-210, 700 watts. The car is a 96 Chevy Monte Carlo.

Most likely I will need an amp, but do I need a new reciever as well? What kinda of an amp, and/or cd reciever would work best?

You can get an amp to run them without getting a new deck if it has speaker level inputs.. You will need to run a toggle for remote turn on/off though or the amp could drain your batter.. then you plug in turn it on and set your gains like you would any other amp..But an aftermarket deck would be preferable and cleaner.. I can provide more detials on that if you want just ask.

Mike

Go right on,

What brand of amp do you suggest? Can you link anything back 2me? If you have any other input feel free to share...

thanks,

If you can find them get 4+ blue T-spices..there are two kinds and either will work..and tap the rear speaker with them with enough length to reach your amp..The toggle will need power from the batter for input then a good ground run the switched power to the amp..BTW I would use a lighted toggle so you know when its on or off..

As for amps you can go and look at most anything in your local shop to see what has speaker level inputs thats the only way to find out without calling everyone under the sun..For the cost and reliability I would use JBL since I have good luck with them..You will have to choose which one since I dont know what your subs are rated for in RMS..here is a good place to get most anything for **** good prices..I have bought stuff several times and the service is awesome.

http://carmedia1.com They carry Lanzar as well if you decide to browse around..

If you need something else just holler or email me.

Mike

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.