• 2 years or less

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • 2 to 5 years

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • 5 to 10 years

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • 10 to 15 years

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • 15 years + (your an addict you need help)

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters
I'm still a relative newbie (4 years) but I've amassed a great deal of experience, and knowledge so far, and still learning every day...

Loyd L.

I was into it in HS but didnt know anything nor did I have money..Went into the Service and got sidetracked and a friend offered some mags to read on watch...all I can say is ..and now here I am.

Mike

5 years for me, goin on the sixth...got into it pretty young and all I can think about is how stupid I was back then!!! but in another 5 years I'll probably not think quite so highly of myself now:D

Keep it loud!

JELLYDIME

eheh ill say 11 years avid 13 total started at this at 18 stopped a little at 23 started back at 24 now i am 31..........i started out as a dumb newbie (really stupid i might add which is also why i get "started" on people to not make same mistakes i have) i have sold retail for about 6 years, wholesale and repped for a year installed for 3..just got my mecp today.yea!!! i competed for 1 year did really well in iasca trophied at every event (usually first) except world finals...where my horn amp decided it didnt want to work //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif it stunk because i beat most these guys and now grrrr. i have no doubt i would have finished no worse than 4th but.. I had very very very good teachers Lyn Whitaker and Kirk Perry Custom Audio Concepts (1st backseat driver car, 1995 world champ ,1st perfect 40) Eric Stevens (owner of Image Dynamics) countless competitors i met.......(Earl Wills, Mark Eldridge) met David Navone twice (super guy) and last but not least 3 years @ Indiana Purdue of Fort Wayne EET (3.14 gpa on 4 point scale lol not 6!!!) didnt finish because i was in a head on wreck and i cant think well on vicodin...thinkin of going back and finishing up in near future.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I started when i was 12 couldn't drive(legally) but still put cheap crappy amps speakers in my dads truck and installed decks for my cousin and friends. Was hard core into it in high school. Went to college and i have kind of moved into home audio now. Still interested in it and when i finish college ill start to compete again. Done about 100 installs for friends and other people. Now being 21 i have learned alot about car audio and it also is the many reason that i went to school for electronics, so maybe one day i will be designing car electronics.

For 10 yrs. now I Have enjoyed some sort of system in every car I have owned! I just can't imagine having a vehicle without an amp mounted somewhere and some sort of sub. Maybe one day when i'm 75 i'll have grown out of car audio.

Mike :p

I guess I'm an addict //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif But their is no help. Only more stuff to learn.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...