Need some help...

dirtbagz89
10+ year member

dirtyTHIRTY
Ok.

I'm sorta new to this stuff but learning slowly but surely.

I just completed my 2nd head unit install on a 2008 Pontiac G5.

The head unit is a JVC KD-SH1000 I bought from SonicElectronix for $150.

My speakers I'm keeping stock...they sound **** good for stock. Nice and loud.

My friend hooked me up with:

2 12" subs - both are 600 watts peak and 300 rms (MTX and JL Audio)

A box for them

A 1600 watt blitz audio BZA-2460 sub amp

all for $60

So for all this he said I should by a capacitor...so I went out and bought one that came in an amp kit.

The kit doesn't say anything about hooking up 2 ring terminals to the capacitor on both the positive or negative connections. And it doesn't come with extra so it seems like they want me to put 2 wires in one ring terminal. (4 gauge wire going from battery to cap, another going from cap to amp...then 6 gauge going from cap to amp, and another from cap to ground.)

So do I need to get 2 more ring terminals?....I wouldn't think you would put 2 wires in one terminal...don't seem like they would fit anyhow.

Do I even need a capacitor?

Ok.
I'm sorta new to this stuff but learning slowly but surely.

I just completed my 2nd head unit install on a 2008 Pontiac G5.

The head unit is a JVC KD-SH1000 I bought from SonicElectronix for $150.

My speakers I'm keeping stock...they sound **** good for stock. Nice and loud.

My friend hooked me up with:

2 12" subs - both are 600 watts peak and 300 rms (MTX and JL Audio)

A box for them

A 1600 watt blitz audio BZA-2460 sub amp

all for $60

So for all this he said I should by a capacitor...so I went out and bought one that came in an amp kit.

The kit doesn't say anything about hooking up 2 ring terminals to the capacitor on both the positive or negative connections. And it doesn't come with extra so it seems like they want me to put 2 wires in one ring terminal. (4 gauge wire going from battery to cap, another going from cap to amp...then 6 gauge going from cap to amp, and another from cap to ground.)

So do I need to get 2 more ring terminals?....I wouldn't think you would put 2 wires in one terminal...don't seem like they would fit anyhow.

Do I even need a capacitor?
no

probly dont need the cap that amp should not draw much. But if you do use the cap yes you need two more ring terminals and I would ground the amp and the cap separtly.

for that much power i wouldnt bother with a cap either

or a cap for anything else really..

but if ur lites fade almost completely OUT then u can try it since u have it....but if its that bad u need a new alternator

1>Do not need the Capacitor....waste of money

2>Do not mix different subs together, use 2 of the same type....or just use one.

3>Box.....gonna guess and say its a prefab(?)...if so.....better to make your own,or have one made.

4>That Blitz Audio amp...is not 1600 watts...nowhere near

Amplifier Type Dual Channel

Amplifier Output 2-channel

RMS Power 125 Watts x 2

Peak Power 800 Watts x 2

Output Power 1600 Watt

see the RMS? thats what it really puts out....peak means NOTHING

so, you're only getting 125wattsX2

IMO.....best thing to do...get your $60 back, give the guy back his JUNK...save up more money, and then repost on here and ask about something decent...

just noticed, since the amp is 125rmsX2......you have to have 2 subs, but again....do not mix them

again, IMO..get a 300 watt mono amp, use only 1 of the subs, and get a custom built box...not prefab

yes, it will cost more

but seriously, what do you expect for $60

1>Do not need the Capacitor....waste of money2>Do not mix different subs together, use 2 of the same type....or just use one.

3>Box.....gonna guess and say its a prefab(?)...if so.....better to make your own,or have one made.

4>That Blitz Audio amp...is not 1600 watts...nowhere near

Amplifier Type Dual Channel

Amplifier Output 2-channel

RMS Power 125 Watts x 2

Peak Power 800 Watts x 2

Output Power 1600 Watt

see the RMS? thats what it really puts out....peak means NOTHING

so, you're only getting 125wattsX2

IMO.....best thing to do...get your $60 back, give the guy back his JUNK...save up more money, and then repost on here and ask about something decent...

So...are there anymore pricks on this forum? And the box isn't pre-fab.

I am NOT being a prick, im stating facts.

again, capacitor not necessary

mixing subs is bad

and the amp you posted only does 125watts rms X2 channels

sorry I called the stuff JUNK, but IMO...your better off saving your money and getting something better.

It was when you said "then repost on here and ask about something decent..."

Maybe I just read it the wrong way.

I know this stuff isn't that great...I don't need to save up to buy...I just don't want to put alot of money into this.

The JL sub doesn't work right now anyhow...it needs to be soldered because a connection came loose. The MTX I have no idea what the model number is to buy another one like it. But I'm sure it's inexpensive.

Are you sure I need to run 2 subs?

yeah, sorry if that came out sounding wrong

but yeah, if you're gonna run that amp...you would need 2 subs cause its a 2 channel amp.

and honestly, since the subs are 300 watts rms each...you won't be getting the best out of them with only 125watts each going to them.

yeah, sorry if that came out sounding wrongbut yeah, if you're gonna run that amp...you would need 2 subs cause its a 2 channel amp.

and honestly, since the subs are 300 watts rms each...you won't be getting the best out of them with only 125watts each going to them.

Well he said they are 300 rms each...not sure if they really are since I don't know the model numbers...

So the amp is crap?

Here's a pic of the sub...the pic is dark so I tried making it brighter in photoshop:

subpn5.jpg

Any amp you would recommend?

Honestly, yeah the amp is not that great.

MONO amps (1 channel) are more suited to subwoofer use

per the pic, still doesnt help as to what model the sub is...you need to take it out and look on the bottom of it....should say.

Honestly, yeah the amp is not that great.MONO amps (1 channel) are more suited to subwoofer use

per the pic, still doesnt help as to what model the sub is...you need to take it out and look on the bottom of it....should say.
Ok so what amp would go good with this sub? Assuming it is 600 peak and 300 rms.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.