Need some help with these 6.5s...... Silverado guys I need you.

Participant count
  • Participant list

johnsonboys

Senior VIP Member
I picked up a 02 duramax crew cab after my dodge was totalled. I have a set of hertz dieci 6.5s, AQ super tweets and the ID x-overs powered off one of those alpine mini amps with a set of 6.5 coax in the rear doors. It sounds pretty good nice low end and really punchy mid and the tweets are good. The driver and tweet are in the original door locations as I have a gauge pod on driver pillar. Over all it sounds good ,BUT it's not loud enough. It seemed a bit louder when I had the stock tweeter hooked up with the hertz mid. What is available that gets loud that's not going to kill the wallet. 3-350 range for drivers and tweets as I can use my ID x-overs I also have a set of rainbow mid x-overs I can use. I'm looking to just up the volume without having to add amps and more speakers and make it look like my trucks all about stereo comp. Also been debating a small blow through or just a couple new jl tw3 12s..... I'm used to big systems hcca 15, obsidian 15s, AQ 12s, cvx 12s, I don't want to go stupid crazy just some good clean bass that will rattle a little. ...... hopefully! Thanks guys for any help.

Do 4 8s under the rear seat on like 3-4,000watts and be banging like your use to... As for speakers it's endless, u could go Crescenso pwx for like $40each... All the way up to high end exspensive stuff. In my truck I have some Polk db tweets and crescendo and Rockford pro Mids. Sounds great to me.

Do 4 8s under the rear seat on like 3-4,000watts and be banging like your use to... As for speakers it's endless, u could go Crescenso pwx for like $40each... All the way up to high end exspensive stuff. In my truck I have some Polk db tweets and crescendo and Rockford pro Mids. Sounds great to me.
Yeah I don't wanna do all that under the seat. In the duramax HD trucks the rear seats different than the half ton silverados. I can't fit that like yours. I have three kids so I don't want a bunch of speakers under the seat for them to kick or hit and I use that under seat for storage, tow straps, tools, ect. As for my mids/hi set up its sounds pretty damage good but I want louder. I've heard a lot of systems with one 6.5 in the front that just scream. No way I'm going to cut up my panels just for speakers like that, it's cool and all and yeah it makes sense.... more speakers = louder but it's not just a rolling boom box. Ive built it up quite a bit , 676hp 1098 tq so I'm looking for the single component set up that's why I don't mind spending 3-400 bucks to get something that will surpass the average output level. Hell I'm not even opposed to a really good set of coax as dealing with x-overs and tweets just make more trouble most of the time with placement and tuning. Was looking to hear what people have run and have personal experience with and if they can compare them to others. Those crescendos I see a lot and for so cheap I might give them a try and step up to an 8 and still run my super tweet and see if I get a little more output. Truck looks good though, I like it. I have a family and can't exactly ruin my truck to roll around a concert instead of the family anymore. 8yrs ago I cut up everything and glassed everything to fit speakers. Now , I'd rather have a clean nice truck that can just be driven without always adjusting crap or having you be careful how you shut the doors, or COPS ect ..... I was thinking 3 of those 8s in a blow through. Cheap, simple, unseen clean way to fit a box. Those JL shallows really sound good and get dam loud in a super small package.

I bridged the mini amp to 90 rms x2 to the front comps and just ran the rears off the HU. I also deadened the doors and the sound quality actually went down....... after bridging the amp I played with the phasing but really didn't make much a difference. Do I have to change the phasing on the tweets and woofer or just to the x-over ? I gained more power but didn't really gain any output. Any ideas before I just tear it all apart and buy some Bluetooth beats by dre to drive around with....!

I have the same truck with a single shallow mount Jl 10" in a small Jl ported box firing down which I have no prob. with there. Its under small side of back seat. Also Pioneer Avic that I love, I replaced the bose door speakers years ago with some kicker coax 6.5s and they are much better than the bose setup but they clip too much, lack mid bass and The 5 channel JVC amp that I am using I was not happy with either. I have a Massive Audio NX5 that just came in and I am waiting on some Cerwin red ring 6.5" separates. Every thing will be hidden in door panels and tweeters will be installed in stock spots on windshield pillar. Only spot that won't look factory is the install on the tweets in the back, I plan on putting them above the upper back seat belts where the plastic moulding meets the headliner aimed towards the center of the truck. No holes, run the wire between the plastic / headliner and surface mount tweets with Velcro. Main reason I went with separates in the back is that I tend to carry things in the back that sit in front of and block the highs from the coax's. Not a whole lot of money in it, but should sound much better than the kickers. New amp should have ample power to push everything and then some. Should have it all installed this week. Got most of my recommendations here for a budget type system. My truck is a family / work truck too and I also used to have a "large system" back in the day but I am completely happy with the single JL 10. Plenty, but not too much. New additions should make it that much better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.