fs of a 2 way?

Participant count
  • Participant list

The Camry

Hey, I Try.
So i know that the FS of a tweeter should be at -12db, meaning generally you cross 2-2.5x with a lr2 and that distortion kills tweeters quick..

What about the fs of a midrange/midbass driver or just midbass driver. At what point should you really cross over above that?

the tweeter crossover is simply a guess. they have a few varibles that actually matter. like Input power, excusion capibilites, enclosure type and size as well as the space its pressurizing..

generally the higher FS drivers have a stiff spider(on mid ranges). also the QES indicates the speakers tendency to resonate at its FS. the lower the number the more damped it is. so this means its going to have a narrower bandwidth becasue it more easily responsed to the signal while the higher QES drivers are less damped and have a wider bandwidth over which the driver wants to resonate. it also determinaes charteristics of the box it will do best in. lower QES woofers are capible of going in smaller boxes but generally dont get as low or play under FS as well..

it also matter mechanically with the driver can take/or be linear in excursion wise. jst becasue two driver have the same qe/fs dont mean they can be crossed over the same in the same alignment.

ill give you what i typically do. i usually use a failry shallow 12bd octave xover 10-15 hz about the FS on the midbass becasue it also wil naturally start ot roll off below FS as well as long as they have enough throw to do so..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

The Camry

Hey, I Try.
The Camry
Western Oregon
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from