Need some help with my cvr's

zthumper
10+ year member

Don't call it a comeback
MW
Well I have 2 kicker cvr 12's 4-ohm. I have a kicker kx600.1 running the both of them and I am not happy with em. I want them louder. My amp is only turned up about 3/4 on the gains and I can smell the voice coil when I play them for a while. I dunno what is goin on because I am only gving them around 200 or 250 a piece. Any suggestions?

I have them in about a 4 cube box total so around 2 each. Its sealed and the subs are downfiring(in a truck). I have blown 3 total and I keep turning the gain down and they keep getting quieter and I can still smell voice coil. What do ya think i should tune them too..... or get a different box?

Ight guys I really need your help now.....I just blew another 2 subs and im pissed. Do ya think it is the setting on the amp or the amp itself that is doing it. That is like 4 or 5 blown subs total now and I am freakin mad. The box or something i am totally clueless I am thinkin about selling throwin my whole system away and starting over with losing a lot of cash.

dude, you have two dual 4's thats either a 1 or 4 ohm load, that amp does max power into a 2 ohm load...................
Yeah hes either clipping the **** out of his amp trying to push the subs in a 4ohm load, or frying it with a low impediance //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Get a 1 ohm stable amp r trade your dual 4 CVRs for dual 2s...theres no way you should be blowing CVRs with only 300 a piece....install problem for sure...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.