need some help deciding what to go with...

Participant count
  • Participant list

tony4143
10+ year member

florida
i have a bmw 3 series and unsure what i want to put into as far as subs go. i want to be in the 145-150db range. its going to be a bandpass box with the top deck ported...like a blow through..so to speak. i am looking at 2 12" cvx, rf t1's, or solo x's. i know that i have ready some guy with 2 10" solo x's in the low 150 range. an. i am not paying retail on the subs so thats why i am looking at these. thanks

Oh my...

AbandonThread.gif

Don't worry, we'll get your head screwed on right! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/santa.gif.e1ec9cf2e0a0dd232ad35aa594a126d0.gif

Oh my...
AbandonThread.gif

Don't worry, we'll get your head screwed on right! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/santa.gif.e1ec9cf2e0a0dd232ad35aa594a126d0.gif
thought the same thing....... i cant wait to get a 150. i cant do it with as much as i have tho i need some nice kickers 10s instead of spl 12s tuned high..

Oh my...
AbandonThread.gif

yea, i am so confused.. i like the way the cvx's sound. i think that they hit harder than the t1's but i want to do it once and leave it alone for a while..lol

why do i have a feeling you have no idea how hard it actually is to get a 150. especially if you want it to be musical.
what gives you the right to assume things?? did i say i wanted smart remarks or did i ask for input?? which you didn't give !!!

what ,you mad ! my truck does 152.8 and 150's on ,music ,and i can tell you it isn't easy .alot of work ,but if you keep at it you'll get there,but not with cvx's

dude I was sold on kickers when i got into car audio..... They are nice but overpriced, I know that you arent payin retail but I would look into some atomic subs or sundowns for 150's.... And those solo x's need a lot of power to push em...

dude I was sold on kickers when i got into car audio..... They are nice but overpriced, I know that you arent payin retail but I would look into some atomic subs or sundowns for 150's.... And those solo x's need a lot of power to push em...
amps will not be a problem, thanks for the info

what gives you the right to assume things?? did i say i wanted smart remarks or did i ask for input?? which you didn't give !!!
i wasnt being a smart ass just stating a simple fact.

and if you do want to get loud and sound good doing it kicker may not be your best choice for subs, their amps are nice but there are a lot of woofers around that will walk all over kickers stuff.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.