Need some help connecting my 15 in licker L7

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a 99 chevy tahoe and purchased two 15 in kicker L7 I have two alpine mrv 1507 v12 amps that i want to hook up(one sub per amp) what would be the best connection for these subs with these amps? I really want my truck to bump i made a custom box about 3 cubic ft ,also i have a alpine in dash cva 1006 thanks in advance all help will be appreciated

oops my bad... I had to re-read your post. (I didn't get too much sleep last night obviously).

I hope you have dual 2 ohm voice coil subs.

You should wire your subs into a 4 ohm load and bridge to your amp and THEN get out some lip gloss and kiss your neighbor's a$$e$ because you are gonna be causing ruckus from the looks of things.

If you have dual 4 ohm subs you wont get near the sound I think someone with two 15in L&s is looking for. That is BOOOOOOM BOOOOOOOOM right? OR is it BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM?

Before you take my word for it...let some other folks chime in...I am still tired and might have said something off...i'm not too familiar with those amps.

yes i have the dual 2 ohn voie coil the new design not the old one S15L7

by 4 ohm load you mean parallel wiring then bridging into the amp or series wiring then bridging into the amp???? thanks for response just trying to bump

-----------------------------------------------

99 tahoe

on 22's

alpine in dash cva 1006

alpine 6 disc changer

Kenwood eq

alpine v12 mrv 307 amp for mids

4 5'in infinity kappa for mids

2 ampine mrv1507 for lows

2 15'in kicker S15L7's( when i hook the up)

p2

farenheit 34 in dash dvd mp3 player

tv tuner

and finally but not lease six 7'in monitors all around

From what I picked up on that amp..it puts out about 900 watts RMS at 4 ohms.

You want to wire your subs in SERIES. Doing that will make the sub a 4 ohm load. You can go here to see how its done if you don't know... http://kicker.com/images/manuals/04Solo%20Baric%20L7%20Subwoofer%20Manual.pdf

So do that to both subs and bridge them on both amps and you will give those L7s the juice they need for you to go "BUMP" in the night. :thumbsupw

I looked at your sig and thats a lot of monitors...I just want my 4 and I will be set.

Once it is all hooked up play Bachbusters Digitally Remastered...Symphony never sounded so **** loud and deep. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

okay, your amps are mono blocks correct? if so, hit up the wiring section and click the wiring diagrams sticky. check for the DVC 2 ohm single sub to one ohm diagram. it tells more than we can explain hence the infamous sayin "a picture is worth a thousand words" if they are 2 channel amps.......dunno.

Im in testing proces right know and just for the heck of it i hooked one up (in series mode) to one amp to see how they sound(just purchased them saturday havent had a chance to hear them) and damm just one hears clear as hell I can just imagine with two thanks guys for all ur advice but i have one more question im running one rca cable (L & R) from my EQ how should i split it. ( for each amp) Should i buy a simple Y-spliter and split the rca cable that way or my amp has an rca L&R out should i hook the other amp that way thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.