Need some Guidance on audio...

Participant count
  • Participant list

tyler20202

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi, I would appreciate any help with setting up a sub(s) and amp.

I have a 10" sub. Boss Audio CXX10. 400 rms @ 4ohms SVC. I have built a ported box for it and would like to now add a mono amp to power it.

Forgive my lack of knowledge. But here's what im thinking:

I would like to add another CXX10 in the near future possibly. Would i be able to power the one sub for now with the Boss R1100m amp (825 W X 1 RMS @ 2 ohm, 413 W X 1 RMS @ 4 ohm)
and then wire the 2 subs together at a later date in a 2ohm layout with sufficient power.

This might seem like a stupid question but i would like to avoid wasting money through trial and error. Any other recommendations on a budget amp is appreciated.

Many thanks.

It depends on what you consider sufficient power. That “1100 watt” amp does about 200 watts rms. What kind of budget do you have?

i got the boss audio from a mate so its what i have. i can spend some money its not a problem. but thought the sub wasnt too bad to be honest. any suggestion for the setup is good. i dont want it to be a half job...

well i guess i can just scrap the sub and box and just spend some money on a proper setup in a few months instead of budgeting.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.