Need some front speakers for my car.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Aurorav8
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Fort Wayne
Well, the fronts in my car got toasted, somehow. They were just factory, but they were only running off the deck, no amp. So it's time to replace them.

I need 6.5's, something reasonably priced ($150 or less), and they'll just be running off the HU for a while...wife is complaining that I'm spending too much on stereo, but said to go ahead and order some fronts.

I have the 6.5 in the lower corner of the door, and half way up there is a tweeter.

Any suggestions for a good set for that price, that will sound decent just running off the HU (Alpine CDA-9813)?

Sounds like a good deal. I have to check what the mounting depth of my doors are. Hopefully I can fit a nice set in there.

Will those sound decent just powered off the deck?

I'll have to check them out. Do you know off hand if they come with the tweeters?

Only one I seen for that price was a set of 6.5's. I'm going to need tweeters too.

The tweeter isn't separate, it's on the speaker.

If you want a separate tweeter, then you'd wanna get a comp set- which Iwouldn't run off of the h/u...

Ah, I wasn't sure how well those speakers performed, with the tweeter attached. I will definitely look into those then.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.