Need some advice on vented enclosure for Premier TS-W3001

Participant count
  • Participant list

y22kc

Hello everyone, I have a Premier TS-W3001D2 sub I'm going to build a vented enclosure for. Using BassBox 6 Pro, I planned on building a 2.225 ft^3 box tuned to 33hz. I've got the flared port from partsexpress that is 4" in diameter. Bassbox says the port length should be 11.26 in. WinISD says 10.90 in, the calculator at caraudioforum.com says 11.02, and carstereo.com says 11.05. So what is the correct length? Also, the port came with instructions with a length formula and says the precision port should be 1" longer than Lv when assembled. So what do I go on?

Also, if this box doesn't seem logical to you guys, maybe some suggestions? T/S parameters are:

0.56 QTS

0.58 Qes

15.68 Qms

32.1 Fs

0.320 ft^3 VAS

67.8 Sd sq inches

24.83 BL (T.m measurement)

0.48 Xmax inches

Speaker holds 1000 watts RMS and is a dual 2ohm voice coil speaker. Appreciate any help!

Man i dont know either I just ordered 4 of the 2ohm sub like urs and

if you go by the manual it says To make a ported box you need like 1.6cubic ft max

and the port should be round 3in ID x 2 1/2 and that dont sound right to me

so I called pionner customer service and they assured me that the port dimensions were

right ... So i dont know what you have in mind but you might want to down load the

manual off of the web sight and see what you thank.

I do know. The way the sub is built has allot to do with it

under the foam surround is another surround kinda like a air pocket, And from what

the tech guy said from pioneer was that the extra surround made

it where you didn't have to build the box as big or the ports

If you look at like a church sound system the house speakers

have the same round port on each side of the 12in or 15in subwoofer

Whenever my subs come in im gona try to build it like the manual says

I just got done ordering round ports off ebay They weren't that bad of a

price. I thank I only payed 11.53$ for 4- 3in x 4in ports. Ill have to cut them down but

thats ok. What ever you do dont order them from crutchfield they were gona be

like 35$$ there for the same thing...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.