need rough box dimensions for two tantric hdd 12's

Participant count
  • Participant list
I downloaded torres' box calculator, but my phone doesn't want to extract the files so I can run the program. Basicaly, Im trying to figure out if I can fit two tantric hdd 12's in the back of my integra. Is there any way someone could post rough dimensions of this box, with an aero port, tuned to 28 hertz. I don't wanna go with 10's, but Im not sure if the 12's will fit. Any info appreciated. Oh, and I dont have internet at the house yet, but Im working on it. I could just do it myself then.

Also, it would help to say I want them in 2.5 cubes each.

Also, does not have to be aero port, and can be slot port, if that makes it easier. Also, can go down to 2 cubes per sub, if I have to. It'd be easy for me to figure it out if it was sealed, obviously. I just don't have experience with ported enclosures, and have no idea how much room the port will add to the dimensions of the box.

Last edited by a moderator:
I downloaded torres' box calculator, but my phone doesn't want to extract the files so I can run the program. Basicaly, Im trying to figure out if I can fit two tantric hdd 12's in the back of my integra. Is there any way someone could post rough dimensions of this box, with an aero port, tuned to 28 hertz. I don't wanna go with 10's, but Im not sure if the 12's will fit. Any info appreciated. Oh, and I dont have internet at the house yet, but Im working on it. I could just do it myself then.
Also, it would help to say I want them in 2.5 cubes each.
What's your max dimensions you willing to work with? Where will the subs and aeroport be facing? What size aeroport? 1 or 2? flared or not? I can try to whip up something for you if you give me that info.

What's your max dimensions you willing to work with? Where will the subs and aeroport be facing? What size aeroport? 1 or 2? flared or not? I can try to whip up something for you if you give me that info.
Max dimensions are something like 30"x27"x15", and the 27" is leaving 2" for the woofer to move. Oh, my car is a hatch, and I wanna try running them rear fire, with the back seats up. As far as the port goes, I know nothing about ports, especially aero ports. I heard the aero ports can save you space, and if I can fit two of these in the back, it will be tight. When the time comes, and I know EXACTLY what kind of box I need, I will have someone from the forum build the box.

At this point, Im really just trying to figure out if I can even fit two of these subs in the back of my car, with the back seats up, in a proper box.

Ok, if I did the math right, I should have about 7 cubes total to work with. Im guessing thats enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Max dimensions are something like 30"x27"x15", and the 27" is leaving 2" for the woofer to move. Oh, my car is a hatch, and I wanna try running them rear fire, with the back seats up. As far as the port goes, I know nothing about ports, especially aero ports. I heard the aero ports can save you space, and if I can fit two of these in the back, it will be tight. When the time comes, and I know EXACTLY what kind of box I need, I will have someone from the forum build the box.
At this point, Im really just trying to figure out if I can even fit two of these subs in the back of my car, with the back seats up, in a proper box.
Well, I can tell you that after doing some calculations, you do have enough airspace for those 2 12's. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm guessing your 30 is depth, 27 is width, and 15 is height.

So here's the math.. outside dimensions is 30D x 27W x 15D. So let's say you're using .75" thick wood and doing double baffle for the front panel where the subs are, inside dimensions will be 27.75 x 25.5 x 13.5 = 9,552.9375 divided by 1728 = 5.52 cu ft. After sub and port displacement, you'll be just about 5.0 cu ft net volume. The problem is how you're gonna fit the aeroports inside the enclosure depending on how much depth the HDD subs will take up. Even though aeroports take up less displacement than slot in general, it does take up a lot of width because of its circle shape. Or what would also work would be to invert your subs laying from the top baffle, and have a single big aeroport facing rear. I would recommend a 6" flared for the amount of SPL the HDD's can do. Otherwise, you might have to go slotted to have the subs sitting inside.

I would prefer to not have the subs inverted, and have nothing against a slot port. The 27" is depth, 30" wide (between strut towers, and 15" is height. I will take some pictures when the sun if out fully.

You might want to just stick with single 15 ported with that space. You also need around 4-6 inches of breathing room for the sub woofer and port to load off the rear properly. After port displacement you'll have around 4 cubes after sub, bracing and port displacement which is fine for one 15 and a little small for two 12s. Since its a hatch, you can have sub facing up port facing to the rear as an option.

Yep, that's what I was fearing. It is what it is I guess. Also, I had a Nissan 280 zx hatchback at one time, and can remember getting better results with the subs facing rear instead of facing up at the glass, but idk. Gonna have to start over. Thanks everyone.

yea the integra has those damn lumps in the corners which prevents you from a bigger box. I agree with jeff, you need some room to load off the rear or else it'll sound very constricted. a high powered 15" in a proper box would be your best bet man. good luck with everything!

I was told from someone with a lot of experience, that I can fit two 12's in my car. They even said two 15's if I do a "pony wall", but I said two 12's should do the job.
Yea you can fit two 12's but just probably not aeroports. Slotted would work out great in your situation. Good luck to you. It should be a long journey but well worth the wait.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.