Box builders PLEASE help!!! I'm at a loss and don't know what to do...

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jadester

I will start building the box on Thursday and I'm at a loss for what i should do here.

I am trying to design a box for 2 RE Audio MXV2 12s

The car is a 93 Lexus SC400.. "THE DUMASS"

I'll post a photobucket link to some various pictures.

My problem / concern is I have no clue how I should port the box, being the trunk basically sealed off from the cab on the car.

As of now the only way for air get into the cabin is though the factory subwoofer hole in the rear deck.

I am trying to decide if i should use 2 6" aero ports and run the ports though the rear deck

Or use something like a regular subs up and port forward and remove the factory subwoofer as well as the two silver access panels that you can see in the pictures, for air flow in the cabin or actually cutting into the rear and essentially making a blow though.

Also another problem I am having is air space... These RE Audio MXV2 12's are calling for 3.75 cubic ft per sub... That ain't gonna happen.

About the most I can manage find is about 5.5 cubic ft before the port displacement. However doing leads me into a question...

for me to get the 5.5 cubic ft I would actually have to make a couple step downs into the spare tire well... I will include a quickly drawn pic of what I mean by step down... I'd also like it tune it between 35hz - 37hz.

I am fully open to any advice or suggestions... I am also open to cutting into rear deck or the panel behind the rear seat if it deemed necessary.

Please help me out ... I don't need some jackass coming in here and telling me to goggle it... trust me I've searching EVERYWHERE and I can't find a single person that has done what im trying to do here.

Photobucket link::: Lexus Photos by jademathews0186 | Photobucket

To sum up my rant... i basiclly have 2 main questions... slot or areo ports and port placement ... And will building the step downs into the tire well be ok?

Products Menu is calling for 2 6" aeros at 19 1/4" ... Im thinking of placing the subs sort of in the middle on top "subs up" and the ports on each side coming out the rear of the box, although I'd to put a 90 degree elbow to angle it up into the rear deck... do you think thats the best way to go?

Products Menu is calling for 2 6" aeros at 19 1/4" ... Im thinking of placing the subs sort of in the middle on top "subs up" and the ports on each side coming out the rear of the box, although I'd to put a 90 degree elbow to angle it up into the rear deck... do you think thats the best way to go?
Yea sounds like a good idea if you can fit everything length wise.. Why don't you go with 2 4" aeros instead? It could save you more space and should be enough port area for those 2 12's. You might have to build the box inside your trunk like cherryman did.

I called RE Audios tech support yesterday and they said that they've done some new testing on all of their subwoofers and what is the website has to be updated... They now recommend 2.0 to 3.75 cubic feet after displacement and a 6" aero port for each sub

I called RE Audios tech support yesterday and they said that they've done some new testing on all of their subwoofers and what is the website has to be updated... They now recommend 2.0 to 3.75 cubic feet after displacement and a 6" aero port for each sub
Yea that sounds more like it. So you gonna try to aim for 2.5 per sub? It's gonna be hard to fit 3.0 per sub in your situation. If you can somehow get it to work with the rear deck, it would be great. You can probably just cut a giant square hole and then start building the box from the inside and eventually lead up to the rear deck entrance. Once it's made just seal up the corners real good and turn it into a wall. That would be badazz //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.