Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
    Participant count
  • Participant list

jonB
10+ year member

As much as sound is open to subjectivity and relative to 'experience', I would like some PERSONAL opinions on these two particular coax speakers.

Image Dynamic's CTX6 6.5"

http://www.sounddomain.com/shop/item.pl?sku=IDSCTX6&vq_id=none

or

Infinity Kappa 652.5i

http://www.sounddomain.com/shop/item.pl?sku=INFKAPPA6525I&vq_id=none

Apart from price differences, IYO which is a better speaker in terms of clarity, mid-range response, and overall 'crispness'. I like my speakers much the same way I like my chicken, crispy!

Anyhow if anyone has experience with either of these speakers any input would be well appreciated. If you have any suggestions as to OTHER speakers which are comparable or perhaps even better for around the same cost, I'd be open to those suggestions too.

Thanks

My Infiniti's Ended Up Gettin Fizzy Sounding After Awhile (got A New Set Coming Tomorrow)...... Same W/a Few Other People Who No Long Participate In The Forum.....

some compare the crystals to cdt
Im leaning toward eliminating the image dynamic ctx6 as a choice since it has titanium tweets and i prefer softness of the silk ones, plus my comps hve silk tweets. ANyhow...these crystals CSx615 look very nice sound domain has them for $85 MSRP $175. Crappy thing is i cant hear any of the aforementioned speakers since i dont know anywhere locally that has them. So...i am relying on subjective opinions. Any thoughts on teh polk db675 speakers? It looks like i am leaning toward the crystal speakers now but that can change with each passing minute, who knows! I just want something BETTER than my boston acoustic rallys im replacing (they're old). I dont want something comparable. So with that said would the crystals be a good choice? Any thoughts...

actually come to think of it..... kenwood makes some very nice smooth coax's..

what size did you say you needed?

why are you not going w/components? Is it for your rear fill or what?

actually come to think of it..... kenwood makes some very nice smooth coax's..
what size did you say you needed?

why are you not going w/components? Is it for your rear fill or what?

Oh its real fill i cant get comps in there...i need 6.5"

Btw i hate kenwood

Kenwood speakers sound decent but theyre pretty cheaply constructed (foam surround, the cones aren't very strong either). I hate titanium tweeters too. Sound fine at regular levels, but they get harsh when you turn it up/

Kenwood speakers sound decent but theyre pretty cheaply constructed (foam surround, the cones aren't very strong either). I hate titanium tweeters too. Sound fine at regular levels, but they get harsh when you turn it up/

LOL so in other words they sound better not played at all!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...