Need new multimedia receiver, Kenwood or JVC

Ridinhi
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Just found out the Metra has a new kit that will enable me to put a double din in my '96 F150.
Been looking at some new receivers and I think I want to go with either a Kenwood or JVC. Don't need a cd/dvd player. Just wanting apple car play really. Like the looks of the Kenwoods but Ive had experiences where they weren't bright enough in the daylight. I actually like the look of them over the Jvc. I had a double din Jvc (non screen) a few years ago and I actually preferred the sound of it over the Kenwood. I know they are basically the same company and all but does anyone have any opinion on which to get?

I’ve used both and I liked the Kenwood personally, but I didn’t really hear a difference in sound quality. Both had a 7 band equalizer and crossover capability that seemed to work fine on both units. Pioneer is what I’ve decided on next, mostly because of the ”enhanced audio” feature that some of their units have, allowing me to have full control over crossover points and time alignment.

I’ve used both and I liked the Kenwood personally, but I didn’t really hear a difference in sound quality. Both had a 7 band equalizer and crossover capability that seemed to work fine on both units. Pioneer is what I’ve decided on next, mostly because of the ”enhanced audio” feature that some of their units have, allowing me to have full control over crossover points and time alignment.
double din? How was the Kenwood in the daytime? Bright enough to see?

I haven’t had dual din since pimp my ride was on cable but I’ve had two single din best units available in a pre Kenwood year and post Kenwood years and replaced em both with a alpine 9887 and most recently a pioneer. Moving forward I’ll stay with pioneer. Signal strength difference, features, eq, and user friendliness all really solid for the price.

the issuesI had on both jvcs was inconsistent voltage on the preouts

I went with the JVC version in my custom dash that I’m putting together for my 79 Z/28

10C9D42A-59C6-4336-A421-7E5452E97297.jpeg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.