Which Brand Head Unit do you Prefer and Why?

Pioneer cause they are actually pioneers in the car stereo game. Of all the head units I've owned pioneers have been the most reliable that ive seen and they had and still have a selection of units to suit almost any situation and, as far as high end units are concerned aside from Pioneer alpine would be my next choice

I think I might but wrong but kenwood, pioneer, and sony are all owned by the same parent company now so essentialy the same damn thing.
im not aware of Rockford making a head unit other then 1 or 2 made in the early 2000's
pyle? no

Pioneer cause they are actually pioneers in the car stereo game. Of all the head units I've owned pioneers have been the most reliable that ive seen and they had and still have a selection of units to suit almost any situation and, as far as high end units are concerned aside from Pioneer alpine would be my next choice
why not sony or others?

why not sony or others?
Well Sony is newer to the world of aftermarket radios than pioneer. They really didnt get popular until the xplod series though they had stereos prior. For me it's a reliability issue. Alpine and Pioneer can have always been super reliable. They last far past their allotted life spans respectively. these 2 companies based on my experience make the adjustments to consumers and technology as it advances faster than the others. I just kinda know what to expect from their stereos and I have not been disappointed in some 20 years of using their products

Last edited:
I’ve had single din in all my cars and my alpine 9887 was my favorite hu ever. I’ve had a few Kenwoods including the excelon 998 and the output seemed bad. Tried jvx after Kenwood acquired them, no good either although I liked the aesthetic. Pioneers have just always been the high performers for me and user interface is high

I used to prefer Alpine. But you get more features for the price with Pioneer. The biggest thing I hate about Pioneer is the ******* 62 volume.. Turning up or down takes forever..

I've been an Alpine guy since them frosty green tape deck days. It's hard to beat Pioneer though. One more drink and I would of been , " This muthafocker said Pyle"!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.