Need new amp to run 2 12" eclipse subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

iMSeRiOuS
10+ year member

MN
gonna be looking at some amps sunday and gonna be able to pick them up for the dirt, so here is my question. what wattage I am gonna need to run these?

here are the specs.

Key Features

Car Speaker Type: Component

Elements: 1-Way

Car Speaker Function: Subwoofer Size: 12"

Nominal Power Handling: 500 Watt RMS

Powered: Non-Powered Technical Features Peak Power Handling: 1000 Watt Impedance: 4 ohm (Dual Coil) Components

Woofer Material: Metal

Surround Material: Santroprene Mounting

u can get a rf amp.

my friend has an rf powering his alpine r types and they both have the same rms as ur eclipse. the rf is 1000 watt

trust me when i say this stay away from the new rf amps. get a hifonics they are far better build quality and the new 10 series does rated power all day long. a bxi1210d is perfect on those subs.

Yeah I had a rockford bd1000 older model and one of the channels is blown.

but on my subs I got a ?

each of the subs has 2 terminals, well, one of the three jumps from about 3 all the way to 3.7

the other 3 terminals stay between 3.0 and 3.2

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.