Need new 12"s

MoeFo
10+ year member

My pair of 5 year old Rockford 12"s have finally died. I have a RF Power 551s amp which will do 300Wx2 at 2ohm. So I'm in the market for a pair of 4ohm dvc 12" subs. I'm not looking to spend more than $250-300. I've been thinking about getting a pair of Alpine Type-Rs which will run me ~$220. But I see that on ebay I can get a pair of PG Ti 15"s for ~$150. Those are rated for 650W RMS and I'm worried that 300W won't be sufficient and I really don't want to have to buy another amp. Alpine or PG? Or are there some other 4 ohm DVC 12"s that I can get for

Thank you for the replies. My financial situation precludes me from buying an amp right now and it'll be 2-3 months before I can buy one. I'm looking in the 1000-1500W range so I'd like to buy for the future, something I can use now on my mediocre 600W amp, but that will also handle being run on a bigger amp. Is this a realistic expectation?

if that amp does 300x2 at 2 ohms. then that would be perfect for 2 DVC 4 ohm subs like alpine Type R's. i would personally go with ED K's though. no need for upgrading amp. Its a power series amp too, so im sure its a good bit underrated.

I have 2 15" PG ti's running off a total of 350 watts right now, in a sealed box, and they are still loud. They will get plenty loud with 300 watts each. IMO, they are better than type R's and are a little cheaper too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.