Need Info Asap

ugmoe2000
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have the opp. to get this amp at a great price...

http://www.cardomain.com/item/ABNA1X400HQ

i want to use it to push two xtant 1244's (dual 4 ohm voice coil version) they each require 500 watts rms... hooked in parallel down to 1 ohm they require 1000 watts for the pair. I've heard this amp is pretty underrated with power output and i was wondering if anybody here knew much about it and how much power it actually put out... more importantly would the two xtant's be happy with that amount of power?

I need to know by the end of today (thurs. may 19th) whether i'm buying it or not.

I have the opp. to get this amp at a great price...
http://www.cardomain.com/item/ABNA1X400HQ

i want to use it to push two xtant 1244's (dual 4 ohm voice coil version) they each require 500 watts rms... hooked in parallel down to 1 ohm they require 1000 watts for the pair. I've heard this amp is pretty underrated with power output and i was wondering if anybody here knew much about it and how much power it actually put out... more importantly would the two xtant's be happy with that amount of power?

I need to know by the end of today (thurs. may 19th) whether i'm buying it or not.

IMO unless you are getting it for free, pass on it. How much are you looking to spend and how much power do you need or want?

Well the xtant's like 1000 watts (the pair) rms but i've heard from people that the pair gets loud /w 1400 as well, i'm aware this amp won't be that underratted but i was hoping to get somewhere in the ballpark of 1000 watts rms @ 1 ohm.... ideally i'd like to give them approx. 1200 watts rms to the pair (i'm also well-aware this amp would not put out that kinda power but $200 is pretty cheap for it considering the prices i've seen it go for elsewhere) as far as my budget is concerned i don't really want to spend much more than $350

the reason i'm partial to this amp is because it's sort of a unique series as far as appearance and features go i'm tired of the same old ugly rectangular box that everyone tries to hide discreetly... i want to put some high quality stuff in my car thats not only asthetically pleasing but performs.. and seeing as this is rack-mount it definately qualifies... before this amp i was considering using some of those new power acoustik plasma series amps because they have that pretty unique plasma screen as well as a 98 db signal to noise ratio so they can't be all that bad. I would have gone /w the plasmas BUT my speaker setup changed from SVC 4 ohm to dual 4 ohm voice coils and that line of amps became out of the question because they don't have any that put out 1000 watts rms at 1 ohm or even 500 watts rms at 2 ohms if i bought one for each sub.

If anybody has some other suggestions for amps that are unique and put out that kind of power i'd LOVE to hear them...

Also does anybody know what kind of power the Audiobahn amp in the link above ACTUALLY puts out at 1 ohm?

First off I don't know whay your so concerned with a couple hundred watts. When your up around 1000 watts rms 200 watts is barely audible. This amp is also rated at 12.5 volts so considering is audioPAWN you should be able to get close to the 800 watts at 14.4volts when your car is running. Honestly I wouldn't pay any more then 125-150 bucks for it TOPS.

Well the time has come and gone for me to get that amp so since i decided against it does anybody have any suggestions for an amp that will put out an actual 1000-1200 watts rms @ 1 ohm and looks SICK!?

ike sound quit selling the refurb viper 1200.1... i was lookin at them but didn't have the cash until now, snooze ya loose i guess. what kind of power does the ed nine put out?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ugmoe2000

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
ugmoe2000
Albany, NY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date