Need help

Participant count
  • Participant list

CudiW

CarAudio.com Newbie
CT
Looking to pick out some new door speakers.

2013 Subaru Impreza Sedan (6 Speakers - No Nav)

2 Dash Corner (2-1/2" - 2-3/4")
2 Front (6-1/2")
2 Back (5-1/4" - 6-1/2")

I've been looking around but figured I'd ask for some assistance from the pros here.

My budget is $4-500, I'll probably do self installation since I've done it myself on two separate vehicles.

Any suggestions would be great!! Thanks all!

Last edited:
I've also read that Subaru ***** for rattling and sound so I'll be applying some deadner most likely to the doors.

What amp? What sizes? Do you really expect us to do ALL the work since you're to lazy to do any?

I don't have an amp, I can add all the sizes.. sorry forgot to do that.

Also, I'm truthfully not lazy, I didn't mean/want for people to do all the work just looking for some suggestions on good brands to go with and the best bang for my buck.

I'm open to getting an amplifier if necessary.

If you don't have an amp then just keep the stock speakers. It'll only sound worse by adding aftermarket speakers on a stock head unit

Alright, fair enough. I'm willing to toss in a head-unit and amplifier. Just not sure what to look for to be completely honest. I've been reading around trying to get an idea.

I can also expand my budget if I'm getting a head-unit + amp

I recently blew out my front right, and wanted to do an upgrade. I have a habit of listening on max volume which I know I shouldn't. Just looking for something super loud with a clean sound and good kick.

Kick in doors comes from good mid drivers, proper sound treatment and relatively sealed door.

for close your budget and if you’re willing to get a head unit get one that runs active, but a four channel amp, run tweets on channel 1/2 and 6.5 mids on channel 3&4. Skip rear doors

a double din like this if you like having a graphic interface. You can a competent single din for $120 but you may not like the single dinslot since it’s not that old of a ride

buy some silver flute 6.5” and some 1”
Tweeters and you’ll be at like $140.

pack of sound matting for your door 40$

thin panel of sheet metal from Home Depot with self tapping screws $20-30

budget performer 4 channel - gmd8704 - $120

4 channel ofc amp - 50-55$

$630 ish for a double din
$530 for a sIngle din

None of that covers bass or substage but you can run your rcas to
The rear of the deck while youR installing and keep from having to pull the deck out of you add substage later

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.