Need help

Dj-torn
10+ year member

Still learning...
I have a 2002 Camry and have placed 4 Pioneer TS-A6990R in place of the factory speakers. I am looking for the best way to power these speakers, and trying to keep a pioneer theme to the car, but i'm not to sure what amp to go with...Anybody have some suggestions??

Thank you

:up2someth :up2someth

I have a the factory installed head unit still installed and i haven't had a chance to take it out and look at what i got going on in the back.

The speakers have a resistance of 4 ohmes and are rated at 80W RMS

Be carefull how much power you feed them. I also used to have 4 Pioneer speakers and they always handled fine when i used my Jensen and then a Clarion amp. Both were 50 x 4 amps, then i used my PPI 50 x 4 amp, and the speakers fried. They sounded AMAZING for about a day, then i heard this crackle and a strong smell of Crazy glue, and the speakers sounded terrible after. And the speakers were rated at 50wrms, but apparently could not handle it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.