Need help

Participant count
  • Participant list

JoshLongfellow
10+ year member

This weekend I was driving and listening to my system full tilt and the door speakers completely cut out and my subs were only playing and made a weird tone and this happened for about 30 secs and started playing again but ever since then i can defiantly tell that my system is not normal the bass delivers but doesnt pound hard and my components seem like they distort and sound choppy so what you think amp or deck?

Pioneer Deh-p800prs

Diamond 600.4

RF1000bdcp

Which one tho? the 4 channel or mono seems really odd that both would go out..my subs defiantly play as well as the components but it just doesnt sound.. really good..my local stereo shop said its possibly the deck>?

I'm sure those with more knowledge of diagnosing audio issues would need tons more information, like your settings on the headunit and amps -- gain, source level adjustment, etc.

What kind of vehicle do you have, and what's your electrical like? Big 3? How's your distribution? Grounds?

No they are pretty rock solid connections anything you suggest I can look into? I had this deck sitting in the garage for about 6 months and sent it in to warranty just to see if everything was up to par before I installed it and it checked out good. So im not 100% convinced it the deck but idk how both amps could crap out at once and if they did crap out you would think that nothing would operate and it would show a thermal or protect which isnt the case

You know I couldnt really tell ya what the gains or eqs are.. I have got the truck in the stereo shop now they are doing the big 3 and replacing the wet cell interstate with a kinetic 1400 i have a dist block with 2 80 amps fuses two 150 amp circuit breakers 2 kinetic 3800s its a blow thru in a s10

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.