Need Help!!!

xtremepb0
10+ year member

Ok so for christmas I got a clarion cz500 headunit that I am installing in my 98 maxima. I got everything wired up and it turns on but no sound or even static comes out of any of the speakers. Im sure its something stupid that I overlooked but everything on the headunit works and all the wires are connected properly. Help would be greatly appreciated Thanks!

everything is brand new and yes i have bose... i plugged the old head unit back in and it worked fine. I'm really hoping its not a problem with the headunit... I do have a 1 year warranty though

everything is brand new and yes i have bose... i plugged the old head unit back in and it worked fine. I'm really hoping its not a problem with the headunit... I do have a 1 year warranty though
i haven't work on one of those in over 10 years but if i remember right you have to rewire each speaker due to factory amp on each speaker.

so where do i wire the speakers to? the headunit came with a "conversion kit" to make the headunit wires just plug into the old wires (with some crimping) so where would i wire the speakers to?

oh great.... lol i thought this was going to be like a one hour project haha... thanks a lot for the help. btw is there any possible way to hook up subs to the stock bose headunit cause the whole reason i bought the headunit was so i could hook up my suubs easy to a new headunit

oh great.... lol i thought this was going to be like a one hour project haha... thanks a lot for the help. btw is there any possible way to hook up subs to the stock bose headunit cause the whole reason i bought the headunit was so i could hook up my suubs easy to a new headunit
i think you have to tap into one of the amp outputs on one of the rear speakers for a signal or that interface may have a rca output built in

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.