Need Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

kinz020

I have a problem. I have a JL 12W3 with a 400 watt amp running to it. I have the amp brigded since I only have one sub running off of it. But after about an hour to an hour and a half of having the bass turned up, the amp overheats. I know why. It's because a have a Wrangler and the amp is mounted under my back seat so it is not getting any airflow to cool. But I need to know how to fix this problem. I have been told to get an amp rack and buy some seperate cooling fans and that that would solve the problem. But I can't seem to find an amp rack and seperate cooling fans anywhere. Does anyone have any idea where I can get this. Or have another solution. Please Help.

as far as the amp rack goes... you can use some plastic or metal sleeves (tube, pipe) and washers to elevate the amp from the floor of the jeep. just cut them to length (1/2") and insert the mounting screws through them to create little legs. you should be able to pick up a 12v fan at any auto parts/department store. maybe the cigarette lighter type, but you can easily hard wire the fan along with a switch and fuse.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.