Need help with system setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dheim96

Ok, So I need a little help with picking out a system that meets my needs. I have been away from car steros for about 10 years now and I am looking to get something for my ride. I currently drive a 06 WRX sedan so I am not looking to go big and I need to be able to remove the box for track days. I only want to have 1 10" sub and an amp. I don't care about having the person two blocks away hear me coming. I want quality over loudness but don't get me wrong it still has to thump. My budget is $850 which will consist of the sub, box, amp and wires. I will do the install myself. I was looking at the JL Audio HO110R-W6v2 and a JL Audio 500/1v2 amp which I think would sound pretty good. I know there are better brands on the market but how much better can I get for the budget I am on? Any advice would be very helpful.

I was looking around and remembered soundstream and orion. If I remember correctly both were pretty good products does anyone have any type of input on these two brands?

Both have declined from what they once were, however, soundstream is still pretty respected. Orion has lost some of its following

So I have decided what I am going with. I am going to use a sundown audio SA10 and will power it with a sundown audio SAX1200D. I know the amp is over kill but I want to make sure I have enough power in case I want to upgrade.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.