Need help with shelf stereo system!

Participant count
  • Participant list

lcpunk69
10+ year member

SQ Baby!
Ok I want to get a home shelf stereo system similar to something like this,

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=LBTXGR600&Dept=audio&CategoryName=hav_HiFiSystems_MiniSystems

perhaps cheaper but you get the idea of what I want, but I want to be able to get one that I can hookup to my tv so i can have nice sound when I watch tv or watch dvds/videos, what do I need to look for, and do you know of any good sounding ones with good bass too I want good sound overall with nice lows too, also what are some good brands for shelf stereo systems? If you have any for sale too lmk, thanks!

bro...are you serious...you're spending 400 bucks on that piece...you can get urself a 100x6 receiver, a THREE HUNDRED disc cd changer and some book shelf or some entry level towers that would demolish that shelf system for at or probably under 400 bucks. believe me, ive done it.

kenwood vr-707 (100x6) - 110

pioneer 1009 cd changer (300+1) - 130

Advent AS2 towers (dual 6.5'', 1" tweet 2 way) - 88 a pair (ebay)

and spend the rest on some good wiring and dampening. believe me, great best buy shelf systems CANNOT compare to a mediocre component system

hmm I was actually hoping to spend less than that just showing what kind i was buying but hmm maybe getting a cheap reciever, some speakers, then using my dvd player I have for a cd player ?

thats what I am doing now, parent old fisher towers, pretty decent, cost me nothing but they are only like 45+ship on ebay, aiwa 5x85 reciever and a 30 dvd player doubling as a cd player. cost me like 200, sounds better than those 500 dollar jvc bookshelf seystems.

As mentioned in the previous posts, you can build a much better stereo with $200 that will sound 50X better than any shelf system. A simple receiver with some decent bookshlves will suit u fine. You can always add a sub later. You can even use your DVD player (assuming u have one) to play CDs.

Ebay would be a great place to look.

Good luck.

if interested i have a pair of infinity rs2 6.5 or 7" 2 way bookshelf speakers. perfect working and physical condition with the exception of some scratches on the bottom of the speaker cabinets. (no rubber feet on them) 50 bux + shipping and they are up for grabs. i got some pics too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.