Need help with my subs making popping sound then cutting out at high vol

Aidanpod

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jan 22, 2020
Florida
So to start off i installed these myself and had two subs before that we’re old so I would turn the gain up way higher and beat them up. I finally got new ones and re tuned the amp to more reasonable levels and when I turn it up loud it makes a pop sound then cuts out when the bass hits. If i turn it up while the bass is hitting it doesn’t cut out till the next bass note hits. I have two kicker comp vr’s powered by a 600 watt infinity kappa k600. I’m at pretty positive the ground is not my issue as I had a similar issue and fixed the ground problem.

OP
Aidanpod

Aidanpod

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jan 22, 2020
Florida
Actually scratch all that, figured out that i wired my subs wrong twice lol, Finally got it bumping again at the proper 2 ohm load

Louisiana_CRX

dem shoes......
10+ year member
Aug 22, 2006
Piney Hills of Louisiana
So to start off i installed these myself and had two subs before that we’re old so I would turn the gain up way higher and beat them up. I finally got new ones and re tuned the amp to more reasonable levels and when I turn it up loud it makes a pop sound then cuts out when the bass hits. If i turn it up while the bass is hitting it doesn’t cut out till the next bass note hits. I have two kicker comp vr’s powered by a 600 watt infinity kappa k600. I’m at pretty positive the ground is not my issue as I had a similar issue and fixed the ground problem.
Set your subsonic filter @ 30hz and low pass @ 100hz on the subs and back gain down about 15% make sure no low pass signal is coming from the deck and no bass boost or loudness features are on ...also no maxed low frequency adjustments on decks eq

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Newest threads

Latest classifieds