Need Help with my Amps...seem very underpowered

Participant count
  • Participant list

dab86
10+ year member

Hello I am new here and pretty new to car audio. I need some help. I have two 15 inch RE audio subs with a two Hifonics TXI7508 Amps. 1 amp to each sub.

Now when i got it installed, I told the guys to wire it at 1 ohm. But im starting to think they might have wired them at 4 ohm because it seems not to loud for what I have. It sounds great dont get me wrong but with two Amps wired at 1 ohm it should be louder i would think.

The RE Audio Subs handle 600 watts rms each.

The Titan txi7508 is 750 watts rms @ 1ohm and 300 rms @ 4ohms.

Even the gains on my amps are turned all the way up and its not super loud. It just seems that 1400 watts rms should be pretty loud.

Not sure whats going on.

Thank guys.

I do not have one. Im going to stop at best buy tomm and ask them if they can test it real quick.

Does that make sense though? That maybe they wired them at 4ohm instead of 1ohm?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.