Need help with electrical capacity of alternator!

Participant count
  • Participant list

DJSlowfets

Senior VIP Member
CA
I know this will be hard to determine but give me your best guess!

I will have anywhere from a pontiac grand am 02-04 or a chevy imapala 00-2004

Do you think running TWO alpine 12's at 1200 rms @1ohm and a cheap jvc head unit not a touchscreen DIN will be to much for my alternator?? If so should i get the big 3 upgrade or get a high output alternator?

Thanks for any help !:)

i would say you should do the big 3 at a minimum in either vehicle. Also, upgrade the battery under the hood. I think this would be a good start.

do the big 3 and get a voltage meter and see how your voltage is, if it is dropping bad look into a better batt/ho alt. if not then you should be good to go.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.